ı 07 ı Vampires Without Borders

Start from the beginning

"Stay here, I'll go find them," Logan says before leaving. I sit down on the same side of the booth as James, as Christina and Joel take a seat across from us.

"Are you guys okay? I mean I know a lot of shit has gone down the past few days- and I do meant a lot of shit. But this is a bar, and we're going to have fun. Loosen up!" Christina tries to encourage, but James and I only shuffle a smile.

"Normally I would love bars but I deeply despise this one in particular," I mutter, glancing around warily.

"Why?" James suddenly asks out of concern.

I shake my head, not wanting to repeat the story, so James looks over at Christina and Joel for answers. "A few weeks ago Marcos showed up in here, disguised as you and kidnapped Blair and me wanting Theo in return. He then killed me and turned me into a vampire. Long story short, we kicked some Traveller ass with the help of the one and only Elijah Mikaelson," Christina explains.

James's eyes light up at the mention of Elijah, his mind remembering his long lost friend in which he hasn't seen in two years. He then looks over at me with a comforting smile before wrapping his arm around my shoulder and pulling me close so I'm leaning against his chest. "We'll be out of here soon, love," he whispers into my ear, placing a kiss on my temple.

I smile at his affection, feeling a great amount of comfort and warmth flow through me. This is the type of feeling I have been without for the past two years, the only feeling that will make me feel alive. I smile and close my eyes in an attempt to calm down with my head rested upon his shoulder until my peace is abruptly interrupted by the slamming of shot glasses on our table.

I jump up, glancing over only to see two young woman, one asian and the other slightly darker skinned. They are both extremely pretty, which causes some suspicion. I mean, is it even legal to have flawless skin to that extent? On the other hand, I have flawless skin too, seeing as I'm a vampire, so I'm not complaining.

"We're looking for a James and a Blair?" the darker skinned one says.

"Right here," James speaks for us.

"Great," the asian one smiles as she turns to Joel and Christina. "You two can leave now."

"W-what! You're got to be bloody joking!" Joel protests. "Why do I have to leave! They're my family!"

"Hey!" Christina smacks Joel. "They're my friends too!"

"Don't argue, just do as they say," Logan says, coming up from behind them. These must be the witches he was talking about. That would explain their flawless skin.

Christina and Joel whine and frown as they exit the booth, letting the two witches take their place. Logan sends me an assuring smile as the three of them walk away leaving James and I with these freaks.

"What kind of witch voodoo do you use to create such flawless skin? Is it some herb, because I know you guys are obsessed with that stuff," I say immediately as they sit down.

"We didn't co-"

"Witch Hazel actually," the darker skinned one says, cutting the other one off.

"Ah, sounds witchy enough." I nod, placing my elbows on the table.

"Logan informed us you have a problem, and as his friend we agreed to help."

"Actually, we came here for advice, not some stupi-

"Love, how about I do the talking?" James's voice suddenly says in my head, knowing I can be too aggressive.

I jump at his voice, still not use to hearing it in my head again. I sigh and sit back, my arms crossed stubbornly across my chest.