ı 07 ı Vampires Without Borders

Börja om från början

"Laugh all you want Salvatore, but at least I got to meet George fucking Washington." He smirks.

"Profanities, mate," James scolds Joel, making me smile. You can't go a week without Joel swearing and James correcting him. It's their brotherly thing.

"How did you find that picture anyways, James?" I ask him, curious as to how he found such a legendary painting.

"Yeah James, please do share what you have been doing this past hour," Joel encourages with a smug smile on his face.

"I don't know, I was just researching spells when suddenly I found myself scrolling through pages of a history textbook where I found this bad boy." He chuckles.

"Can you screen shot and send that to me please?" I ask James, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Already did." He smiles, just as my phone buzzes.

"You're both jerks," Joel scowls, just as the doorbell rings. "Come in!" Joel yells. Not one second after does Christina come walking through the door, Logan trailing behind with a tray of coffee's in his hands.

"Good afternoon friends," Christina greets.

"Aren't you guys supposed to be at work?" I ask as I take my coffee from Logan's outstretched hand. "Thanks," I murmur.

"Very much so, but I used my compelling abilities to compel Logan and I a day off!" Christina squeals excitedly causing me to laugh.

"Amen to that," I say, taking a sip of the burning hot liquid.

"So, I heard we're running a research club today," Christina says, glancing down at the set up we have going on here. I have several books sprawled out in front of me while James has his laptop sitting on his lap from where he lies on the couch. Joel on the other hand sits on the floor across from me with nothing but a yo-yo in his hand.

"Well James and I are, Joel is just here to entertain himself," I sigh.

Joel scoffs. "Please, tell me something I don't know."

I jump right onto his use of sarcasm and retort back to the only leverage I have on Joel at the moment. "Okay," I fire back. "Did you guys know Joel use to be friends with Georg-"

"WOAH OKAY," he shouts, jumping up and cutting me off. "How about we focus on finding a solution eh?" he rambles, trying to change the topic. For now, I let it go, knowing I have that photo saved.

"It's pointless. I can't find a single thing," I sigh heavily.

"Blair's right. We aren't getting anywhere with this," James agrees, shutting his laptop.

"Well, I know two ladies who might know something. They're witches actually, and I know exactly where they'll be tonight," Logan suddenly says.

"How do you know where they'll be?" I question him.

"Where they always are on a Friday night."

∆ ∆ ∆

I hate bars, this one in particular seeing as it's the same bar Joel punched Marcos at, and the same bar where he made me hallucinate James. Finding our way through the crowd to an empty table is extremely difficult, and I find myself feeling slightly claustrophobic.

James seems to sense my uneasiness, so he takes my hand in his and leads us to an empty booth away from the dancing drunks. However, I can't help but notice the way he holds himself, with his head down, and his hand clutching a little too tightly to mine. I can sense he's off too, but I can't understand why. We're both a giant freaking mess.