Chapter 33

~5 Months Later~
Loriana POV

"Let me hold the baby auntie." I said, holding my hands out for my Aunt Tammy's baby boy, Chance.

Chance was just born about 2 weeks ago and he's the cutest baby ever. He has definitely brought a lot of positive energy to the whole family. It had been a while since something positive happened till he came. Everyone just seemed to get happy.

"You always holding him Loriana. Can I hold my own child?" She chuckled. I rolled my eyes and brushed her off.

I walked to the backyard and smiled at the smell of food on the grill. This is my favorite part of the summertime. Family cookouts. A whole bunch of drunk people with loud mouths. The pool was full of kids and the Dj was blasting music, entertaining the full yard.

"Damn, looking like a whole snack." I heard a familiar voice behind me. I turned around and squealed with excitement.

"Baby!" I said with excitement as I jumped in Rodney and wrapped my legs around his waist.

I haven't seen him since April and I've missed his a lot these past two months. We barely spent time together when he came for spring break because he took Ruby and Hassan to Disneyworld. He wanted to take me along but we all know how that went. I wasn't about to go anywhere with homegirl tagging along.

When I finally told my family about me and Rodney being back together, they were less than happy. My mom is the only one that didn't care and she said she's fine as long as I'm happy. As for my dad, he was serious when he said that he would shoot Rodney if he steps foot on the property. The bullet just grazed Rodney's left arm, but he was fine. I had to bust out in tears for my dad to not try and shoot again. Even months after that, my dad still doesn't like me and Rodney being together.

"I missed you so much beautiful." He kissed me then let me down to the ground.

"I missed you too. I didn't know you were coming today." I said, standing chest to chest with him.

"I wanted to surprise you."

"Well you sure did. Where is Hassan?" I asked, looking around. This is the perfect time to bring his son.

"He's at his moms house. I don't have him this weekend." He said. I nodded and shrugged. It would have been nice for Hassan to come and play around.

"Come greet my dad before he starts complaining." I said. I pulled him over to the grills where my dad and uncles were drinking and grilling.

"Dad, Rodney is here" I announced. All the men's laughter died down and straight faces fell on all of them.

"Nice to see you sir." Rodney said, holding his hand out for a hand shake. My dad just looked at his hand then took a sip from his dark liquor.

"Sup." My dad said simply. Rodney cleared his throat and pulled his hand back.

"We don't fuck with you!" Uncle Ty's petty ass started to sing.

"Come on." I mumbled, walking away from the grown childish ass men. "I'm sorry that they're like that." I apologized after we got away from the grills.

"It's aight. I ain't mad at them. Anything is better than getting shot at honestly." He chuckled.

"I guess so."

We found a seat and Rodney sat down, pulling me into his lap. We started talking about our summer plans and what we want to do together. I pray that this summer brings us closer and gives us new experiences. I think that we really need to spend time together and reevaluate our relationship in order to make sure that previous mistakes don't repeat this time around. That's something we have yet to do because all we've done is call and FaceTime since we got back together.