Chapter 9

Loriana POV

"Rodney...if I take you back we can't let anybody know." I sighed.

"I don't care Lori. I just want you back. That's it. So, are you my baby again?" He asked with a bright smile.

"I mean, yeah. I would hate for you to keep stressing over my fine ass." I joked. It's true actually.

"Ok, big ego alert." He laughed.

"So tell me about your son. " I said, curiously. I honestly would never think that Rodney would have a child.

"Alright. His name is Hassan. He's two and is the love of my life. Not much I can tell you really." He shrugged.

"Why doesn't your mom or anybody else know?" I asked.

"Well with my mom, I knew I couldn't tell her when I found out I was gonna be a father. She was already stressed out trying to raise me all by herself and she just expects so much from me and she holds me at such a high standard that I couldn't just let her down by dropping that bomb on her. When I was going to tell her, we moved here and I just can't find the right way to tell her." He said. He sighed and ran his hand down his face.

"Rod, you should tell her. Like that's her grandson and she deserves to be in his life and vice versa. But I do advise that you tell her when Hassan is there cause maybe he'll warm her heart." I suggested.

It was silent between us for as he seemed to be thinking. I don't know why but it feels like as if we never broke up in the first place except I think it'll be awkward being...intimate with him. I mean, he fucked a whole other bitch.

"Let me call you later lil mama." He said. We said out goodbyes and ended the phone call.

There was a knock on my door and I quickly grabbed a t shirt that was on my bed and slipped it on. I told whoever was at the door to come in. The door opened and JaKory walked in. He was red in the face which caused me to sit up quickly.

"JaKory what's wrong?" I asked him, worried.

He paced my floor and then suddenly stopped in front of my mirror then punched it, shattering the glass into pieces.

"JA!" I screamed. "What's wrong with you?!" I yelled.

"I don't know why something always has to be wrong in this fucking family. Then people wonder why I have a fucking attitude all the time. This family doesn't really give a fuck about each other!" He yelled. What the hell is he talking about?

"Ja do you hear yourself right now?" I asked him.

"I heard pops in his office on the phone. He was talking to somebody and he said "it's over", "I don't really care anymore", "I'll see you tonight." You know what, fuck him!" He yelled.

JaKory stood in one place with his fist clenched, draining blood onto my floor. I sighed and got up. I grabbed his hand and led him into my bathroom. He took a seat on the toilet lid and I pulled out my first aid kit. I started to take the pieces of glass stuck in his hand out.

"Ja, dad could have been talking about a whole bunch of things. It doesn't necessarily mean that him and mom are not together.

"Lori, I know. They haven't been wearing their wedding rings, they barely speak to each other, and they sleep in separate rooms. I fucking hate them, I swear I do." He said. I cleaned his cuts with rubbing alcohol and he didn't flinch one bit.

"Couples have problems all the time JaKory. Mom and dad are fine and we shouldn't even be worried about it. Now look, you done injured yourself for no reason." I said. I wrapped his hand then started to clean up my mess.