Chapter 11

Jasmine POV

"Mario, here me out. She's 18 years old and about to go to college." I said to Mario as we walked around his community center.

"Jas, I'm not allowing her to date some guy that already broke her heart before. Both times she's been seeing him behind my back. " he said and his grip on my hand tightened.

"And this is why she didn't tell you. You took her phone, laptop, and iPad away from her. You're honestly overreacting." I told him. He stopped talking and turned to face me.

"If you're trying to get me to change my mind, it's not going to happen. Be happy this boy is still alive. I can overreact if I want because I'm her father." He said. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"Mario you were her age, you jumping from girl to girl and basically being a hoe." I stated.

"Yeah and that's why Lori shouldn't have a boyfriend. Their all fuckboys. She ain't about to end up knocked up and some bodies baby momma." He shook his head.

"Uhm, I was your baby momma for a LONG time. Had two of your kids before we got married and I ended up fine." I said.

"So you want our daughter to get pregnant?" He asked then scoffed.

"Never said that. I don't want her to but I'm not gonna look at her any differently. Bottom line is, our daughter really likes Rodney and I'm sure it's mutual. At least consider it daughters happiness. Plus, they're going to the same school in a few weeks." I said as I played around with the buttons on his shirt.

"I've said what I've said and that's that." He said. He swung his arm around my shoulders and we continued walking.

As we were walking, we came across Chris trying to flirt it up with one of the little girls in this place. We stopped walking and I looked at Chris then rolled my eyes. A few seconds later, he finally noticed my presence.

"Oh, hey auntie. Hey Unc." He said.

"Boy what are you doing? I'm not paying you to be flirting with females all day Chris. What you suppose to be doing?" Mario asked.

On any other day, Mario would be encouraging Chris to get some "play" but when he's in business mode, he's in business mode. Family or not, if you're on the clock then you're liable to getting Mario's asshole side.

"Uh, supervising some training sessions." Chris mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Then get to it or else your pay check gonna be looking real fatigue." Mario said. Chris groaned and walked away, going to do what he's suppose to do.

"Are you done observing your community center?" I asked, feeling my feet start to hurt in the heels on my feet.

"Yeah babe. Let me just check out what's going on in the gym."

When we got to the gym, it looked like as if there was a tournament going on. It looked like a whole bunch of college kids just having a good time.

"Yo, it's Mario Ramirez bro!" One of them yelled, stopping the game. Mario waved and the boys started to stride over to us.

"What's happening boys?" Mario asked as he shook hands with all of them.

"Just balling up for a bit." One of them replied.

"Coo. Y'all working though, right? Get them funds up for when school starts back up."

"Yes, sir. Money is the motive." They replied.

"Let that be education is the motive. Can't get money without an education. Trust me." He advised. Mario is so cute when he does it.

"That's how I'm trying to be. Finish school, get rich, then get me a fine jawn like yours." One boy said then smirked at me, making me bust out laughing.