Chapter 8

Tobias POV: 4 weeks later

I am awakened from my sleep by the sound of a heavy thud. Shooting up, I realize Tris isn't next to me anymore. I quickly pull back the covers and race to the bedroom door. Throwing it open, I run into the living room. The sight make me let out a huge laugh.

Tris has Uriah pinned to the floor as Zeke is sipping a coffee at the counter, watching both of them. Uriah is squirming and letting out soft cries.

"Let me up, you she-beast!" He yells. She smirks and shakes her head.

"Say it!" She yells. He shakes his head no. She nods to Zeke, and he tosses her a water bottle. She opens the lid, and hovers the bottle above his head.

"Say it!" She yells. He trembles.

"Fine! You're better at Halo than me! Are you happy?" She smiles and nods.

"Very." She turns the water bottle upside down, soaking his face. He gasps and coughs. Tris climbs off him and walk over to me.

"Morning." She says, kissing me. I smile.

"Morning. Having fun?" She laughs.

"Somewhat. He needs to know his place." Uriah mumbles something unintelligible and she whips around.

"Come again?" He chooses to be smart and shuts his mouth. Tris sighs and turns around.

"I have to get to the studio, but do you want to come over for dinner later?" I smile and nod.

"That would be great." She smiles and gives me a quick kiss. Grabbing her keys, she heads out the door.

"By boys!" She calls. Uriah and Zeke chorus goodbye. Zeke turns to me and raises an eyebrow.

"You've fallen in deep." He mutters. I shrug.

"Can't say I haven't. She's amazing." He shakes his head.

"I'm going to explain this very carefully: I'm the closest she has to a brother, because her own doesn't give two shits about her. If you hurt her, best friend or not, I'll personally chop of your balls. Got it?" He says gruffly. I wince and nod, then do a double take.

"What do you mean her own brother doesn't give two shits about her? I though he calls her all the time." He glances at Uriah, who nods his head.

"Might as well tell him." Zeke sighs.

"The only reason Caleb calls her is to get free advertising art. He owns some big retail company and he uses her art instead of paying a designer." I shake my head.

"What a douche bag. Are you serious?" He scoffs and nods. My phone starts buzzing as my alarm goes off.

"Sorry guys I got to go. We're going to be training new a bunch of new recruits today, and they need me down at the academy." They nod. I grab my keys and make my way out the door.

-
-
-
As I unlock the door to Tris's apartment with the spare key she gave me, I hear her yelling. Quietly, I shut the door. She's sitting in the living room, as blanket strewn across her lap and a hot mug of tea sitting on the coffee table. Her hand covers her face as she talks into the phone.

"I told you no. That's final." She says roughly. The person says something on the other line, and her face grows sober.

"I know mom said-I KNOW!" She sighs and her hands tremble. I reach over and snatch the phone from her hand. She looks up and begins to protest. I shake my head and press my finger to my lips.

"And for the record Beatrice, I don't exactly approve of this boyfriend Dad has been telling me about. What's with the sudden interest in a G.I Joe?" Says a voice on the other line. I almost laugh. This must be Caleb.

"Beatrice? Hello?" He asks. I clear my throat.

"This is the G.I Joe. Tris is a little busy right now, but you can call back when you learn some fucking manners. Bye."

The voice on the end of the line starts to protest but I'm already hitting the end call button. I turn to Tris, who's fave is in her hands. Sitting next to her, I pull her into my lap. She wraps her arms around me and buries her face in my chest.

"Sorry." She whispers. I shake my head.

"Do not apologize, he was being a jerk." I whisper. She rubs her face.

"I'm just so tired of him, every time I refuse to do free works he plays the "mom-would -have -wanted- it" card." I rub her back and sigh.

"Just tell him no. He can't control you." She nods and glances up at me.

"Thank you." I lean down and kiss her. She wraps her arms around my neck and pulls me close to her. Our lips move in sync. She pulls me down so we're both laying on the couch. I slide my hand to her waist but she pulls back.

"I don't want to go too fast." I nod.

"Me neither. Plus I really want to watch the movie." She laughs and lays down next to me. I flip throw the channels to the movie and we begin. I turn her so she is looking me in the eye.

"I am falling in love with you." She starts, sitting up so that she's straddling me over the couch so I can look her in the eyes. "I just thought you should know, where I stand. I get it might be a little fast, but nothing has felt more real to me Tris." She reaches out to cup my jaw, and my hand reaches up to cover hers.

"You're really falling for me?" She whispers? I nod, pulling her closer to me. She smiles and her eyes water.

"I'm falling in love with you." She whispers. My heart swells and I pull her close to me. She lets out a shaky laugh and I burry my face in her hair. The movie is forgotten, and we spend the night in each other's arms.