The Don takes his seat in these twenty sitter dining table while me and Dorothy is on his back ready to assist him.

I glance at him and somehow I can't help but feel a touch of pity for the egotistic man in front of me. I've never seen a human who have almost everything anyone could ever imagine to have but be this lonesome. You see, he's surrounded with hundreds of people who works for him but the connection is non existence.

He dines alone. He walks to his garden alone. He's always either locked to his office or bedroom and guess what? He's still with no one. His thoughts are the only company to stay with him. And there's no question his mind is always dark since it is reflected in all his doings. He's too reserved like he's intending to be an ass to everyone to make them leave him alone. Like it's his intention to distance himself from everyone to be lonely. He has his assitants and me his personal slave with him all the time but only when he needs us but most of the time he keeps it to be by himself.

The days that followed were very weird though. Well first, the Don never shouted at me nor made my life hell. I mean he was still in his usual prissy self but he hasn't lashed me out even if he's getting pissed off by one of his people.

Second, he always brings me with him almost everywhere he goes. Well except during nature's call obviously. This is unusual because I though he wanted be by himself but why is he letting me intrude his so called peace? This left me bewildered and just yesterday he asked me sleep with him in his bed but I carefully refused him. I was fearing for myself for rejecting him but to my surprise he didn't got mad at me for that. Can you still close your mouth from gaping?

And the most shocking one is his sudden patience towards me. Like when I accidentally stained his favorite gray suit with red wine. It was becausw I was busy gaping at him at that time after he complimented my punctuality thus resulting of me losing my grip to the glass of wine I was handling to him.

The Don never gives complement, ever. So after the incidence I was ready to recieve a series of profanities from him, to scream at me, to ridicule me or worst to give me his famous threat of 'I will punish you'. But nothing, he just stood up silently from his seat and left the room without grilling the hell out of me. I was so positive he was annoyed but he left in me in peace.

To make it more weirder he even smiles to me now, not the usual smirk he gives me that makes my skin crawl but the charming kind of smile that can disarm anyone. I know it is unusual and it is starting to get creepy sometimes.

The whole sudden change of Don's attitude towards me is very suspicious but I can't help but feel relieved. Is he really keeping his promise that he won't make my life difficult if I submit myself fully to him? Or am I just being naive?

Honestly, his recent attitude and action is somehow melting my defense that I want to slap myself. You see, this is one thing I hate about myself. I easily get moved and swayed by any random form of kindness. Maybe because I'm deprived of it most of my life that I always lose my sense of descerning what is genuine kindness. But I can guarantee you that I have a keen eye of detecting a threat and that is actually what I'm sensing right now from the Don regardless of how he touched me with his recent benevolence.

But still the pages are still blank. Nothing bad has happened yet.

***

"Hey, how are you doing?" Theo who is bringing his tray of food suprises me and without asking for my permission sits across me. I was in the middle of eating my meal and he among all the people in the dining hall decided to sit with me.

I suddenly lost my appetite after I remember how I treated him before. He's so nice and friendly towards me and all I gave him back was the kind of treatment the bitches usually do.