s e v e n

#shoutouttomyex

My alarm startles me from my deep slumber. I cuss out loud when I notice that I only have twenty minutes left to prepare so I take my shower in a haste, good thing I prepared my uniform last night. Ironing my uniform at this moment will cause me more trouble at this rate. I didn't even bother to blow dry my hair anymore and I just tied it with a band even it is still a bit wet.

Weird but last night nothing happened to me after I took the medicine. I waited for hours to see what will happen to my body but nothing happened. I just decided that maybe Nicole really meant what she said that it was only a supplement for my body. The only thing that has been bugging my mind is why does the time of intake should be strictly followed. I mean it is only a supplement right? Like a vitamins taken to your body. I decide to think more about it later since I am running really late. I don't want to find more reason for them to maltreat me.

I am about to enter the elevator when a deep voice calls my name. I jump in surprise to see the Don's presence.

"Jumpy aren't we?" He chuckles. I quickly move eyes to the floor to avoid eye contact.

"When I ask you a question, you answer. The rule of not speaking to me only applies when I don't ask you question. Didn't Nicole told you that?" He ask in clear annoyance. I cuss under my breath, Nicole never told me that. I just assume that I am not allowed to speak to him at all, unless told so. What other things did Nicole purposely forgot to tell me?

And honestly what's with his rules by the way?

"I'm sorry Don." I answer. The simple 'sorry' word is less complicated than telling him that his overrated and perfect secretary forgot to tell me such things.

"Oh I get it. I think Nicole just told you the basic rules. But you see, did it ever occurred to your mind that me asking a question indicates that I am permitting you to speak?" He says with a condescending smile. My cheeks redden from my stupidity. Ofcourse he is right but why is he making it such a big deal? Doesn't a leader like him have other important things to think of? It sounds to me that making his servant's life difficult is his top priority today.

"How is your head?" He asks. Is he talking about my wound or my stupidity? I hate this man, he makes me overthink everything.

"Fine." I answer him back in a terse manner.

"Tsk. Tsk. Attitude will get you nowhere Lisa. Anyway, I want you to come with me today." He informs me.

Where?

Without a word he enters the elevator. He raises his eyebrow when he sees me still standing outside. I realize that he wants me to come inside with him so I run inside quickly making me almost lost my balance in the process. Almost. Good thing the Don grabs my arms in time. Embarassed to even look at him, I mouth a small thank you to him. I guess it won't make a count of speaking to him.

We arrive in the top floor in no time which makes me finally take my breath normally. The small confinement of the elevator with him is too much for me. I just follow him quitely and before we enter his room, the Don stops me.

"You wait here." He commands.

After thirty minutes of me standing stupidly in front of his door, he finally comes out. Behind him is a one giant luggage making my eyes widen in disbelief. How am I supposed to bring this huge luggage? The Don smirks when he sees my reaction.

"Go on. We'll see how well you did during your workout." He speaks. I move my eyes in sorrow toward the luggage. It seems heavier than me and the Don combined. Too irritated to even look at the Don, I march my way toward the luggage. Without much thought, I grab the handle and exerts my best effort to carry it. I pull it with great strength causing me to stumble and loss my balance. Due to the loss of balance, my butt meets the floor with a loud tud.