e l e v e n

Guys I would like to remind you that I am still working with the past chapters to correct some mistakes. Sometimes I tend to write very fast because ideas rushes into my head like my 2nd day flow. (God, did I just tell you a lame menstrual joke?) Anyway, enjoy this chap!

***

This is my perfect chance to escape. I won't have any other chance. My body trembles of what I am about to do.

Forgive me god but I need to escape.

I take a step back. My feet and body dragging myself to self preservation while my mind is in frantic.

I can't save him and I'm weak, what can I do? I try to convince myself that escaping is the best decision but seeing the struggling face of the Don is making me guilty.

He's about to die.

No, I'm doing this!

So, I turn my back away from him. Tears now flowing in my eyes. I need to this for myself.

I am about to run for my escape when the masked man suddenly speaks.

"You're doing the right decision. Go now and be free! I'll take care of this shit for you." He laughs at the end.

His statement snaps something inside of me that is beyond my reasons. I turn to face them with a clenched fists.

"P-please stop! This isn't right!" I tell the man bravely. The masked man scoffs.

"And what he is doing is right?" The masked man wails. I couldn't help but agree. Yes, Harold is a despicable man and he did a lot of unspeakable things especially to me, but still taking someone's life is against my morals.

"No. Please! Killing someone is not the answer!" Why am I trying to help the Don?

The man scoffs and laughs hysterically.

"I am not the only one who wants this bastard dead. Luckily, I have the chance to end him." He exclaims wickedly his determined eyes back to the Don. I realize that this is now the point where the man will use all his strength to plunge the dagger to his chest, so I did the unthinkable.

I sprint and slams my body towards the man, tackling him which makes us both fall on the floor. Due to this sudden impact, he loses his grip with the dagger and it flies towards me.

I did my best to avoid it but it's too late. The sharp blade of the dagger cuts my cheek making me hiss from the sharp pain.

The man got his motion back and when he recovered, he swiftly pushes me off but I tightly clutch my arms around his stomach, stopping him from approaching the Don.

"Get off of me you bîtch!" The man screams blowing my stomach with his knees. The pain made me stumble back to the floor and he continues his assault by kicking me hard in my abdomen. The strong painful impact of his kick almost makes me lose my consciousness.

I thought this madness and pain will never end but suddenly it stops when I hear a loud bang coming from a gun.

I scream when the lifeless body of the masked man is now lying in front of me, the Don holding the gun.

🔫🔫🔫

We stare into each others eyes, mine laced with shock and fear while him is thick with anger and coldness. The security arrives already too late since the problem has been taken care of by the Don. The damage and injury has been done. My mind and body is still frozen in shock.

I just saw someone got killed.

"He's dead.." I say in shock.

My body is still in shock to comprehend what is happening, my eyes are now glued to the dead body lying on the floor. The security are now rushing inside the room with loud voices and I hear someone yells that the helicopter is now ready.