30. The Love I Lost

Start from the beginning

"She's not in a very good position to talk," She hissed. "Can't you see it? She came through a life and death situation. Stop acting like a child."

Did I sense some tension between both of them?

"Kabir," I called for him. How much tension had I put him in? For how long was I sleeping? For how long did he see me fighting for my death? I tried to imagine seeing my twin in the same situation and realized I had done this before. I had seen him and it had to wreck me, making me pray something I shouldn't have.

He gazed at me. Alina was right. He was in a very bad position. His hair was disheveled, scrub-covered his lower face, a wrinkled shirt was coming out of his jeans and his dark shadows told the amount of sleep he missed for past days.

"If you wanted to die, you should've told us. I would've arranged myself." That stung. "How could you be so stupid? Did you know where you were? If I you weren't here, God knows, you would have been smuggled or something. We were lucky police reached there in time or else you were dead."

"Kabir—" Alina tried to call for him, but he held up his hand.

"I'm talking to my sister. I don't want to scream at you, so please, stay out of it. Everyone is dead in our family. You're the last one. I'm going crazy for a week and then I see you in the hospital. A bit of responsibility would've been appreciated."

"Kabir, I don't think it's a right time to scold her!" Alina exclaimed. "Not a right time."

"Where is Rahul?" I asked them again, torn apart by the bad thing erupting at the bottom of my stomach. I knew something bad happened. It was the same feeling I got when I received the news of mom and dad's death.

They both looked at each other and fell silent.

"Where is Rahul?" I demanded again. "Is he okay? And Radhika and Veer? Tell me where they are!" I shouted and an agonizing pain erupted at my stomach and I yelped in pain.

Instantly, both of them were at my side, worried and scared.

"You should rest, Nisha. You just woke up."

I shook my head. "Rahul, tell me where is he. I know you're angry at him. But nothing is his fault. He was trapped like any of us. When I met him, he cried because he wanted to leave but couldn't. Tell me the police got him out, please."

"Sis, sleep." Why was he avoiding the subject again and again? "Doctor, doctor!"

Why was he calling the doctor?

"No, tell me, please. Tell me he's fine."

I thrashed on my bed, waited for him to tell me anything but all he did was stand at the back along with Alina, staring at me with sympathetic eyes. The hands of the doctor and nurse kept me down on the bed.