20. The Confessions We Make

Start from the beginning

I nodded, smiling a bit and asked him, "Would you like to go out tonight?"

"Tonight?" He said reluctantly. "I've some work. How about tomorrow?"

"What work?"

"I've been away for two weeks. Do you think dad would cut me any slack? I need to work."

"Oh," I broke my grip on his hands, levitating my eyebrows in mock expression. "I thought you were jobless, free for me every time."

"But I'm free for." His eyes started going downwards, before I stepped back and scowled at him.

"You will never change." I shook my head at this antics. The world may go change, the people may change but his flirting would never change or his sexual innuendo to be exact. "Do you ever think about anything else?"

"Why to think when it's the most amazing thing?" He stared at my expression. "Hey, don't act like you haven't done it." Maybe the blush on my exposed everything because his mouth opened in shock. "You? Never?"

I shook my head, gazing around the room to avoid his strange looks.

"Harshit? Then why you went to Manali?"

I curled my hands in the fist, bitting my nails in the skin. "I wanted to make punish mom and dad for never realising my value. I was stupid and vain. I thought Harshit was a nice boy and he wouldn't try anything for me and the first thing he did was--" I stopped my words, shrugged my shoulders and smiled a bit. "And now, you won't bring it ever again."

He nodded, troubled crossing his face, but somehow, he vanished it off. "I should get going. See you tomorrow."

"Tomorrow it is."

I didn't know tomorrow would arrive so soon that I would have no time left to prepare for it. One and a half day, I spent on thinking the perfect outfit, not to forget I spent most of the time in looking after my books, catching the studies I had left and going to college today and seeing an ecstatic Radhika who hugged me in front of everyone and yelled mera dost wapis ah gya.

It was pure embarrassment, but at the same time, filled my heart with warmth. At least, someone was happy to get me back. While on the other hand, Alina avoided me to no cost. She was staying with us until her father get back from his tour and kick Rishi out of the house, if it was even possible, gathering the house was on her mother's name and she was a clever lady. In the morning, she was in the kitchen along with Kabir, laughing and talking, and as soon I entered, thinking it was a time to talk to her, she faked a call and fled out of the kitchen.

Kabir had an apologetic look, and assured me Alina would talk to me soon. He even tried to make her understand, but she wasn't listening. What most surprising was she didn't listen to him. No matter what, she always listened to him.

When I had come back from college, she was in the living along with her friend. When her friend asked about me, Alina said I was Kabir's sister. For others it was a small thing, but Alina always introduced me as her sister cum friend.

She was being too much cruel.

A knock on the door heckled my thoughts. Gazing at myself for the last time in front of the mirror, I turned around and opened the door.

Alina stood there with a troubled look and whispered to me in hushed tone, "Rahul? Seriously?"

"Now we're acting like friends?"

She rolled her eyes. "Never mind. He's waiting for you in the driveway." She didn't say anything before turning around and walking back to her room. I opened my mouth to say anything, but thought against it and shut myself down. Grabbing my clutch from the side, I wore my silver heels and vacated my room to leave the house.