5. Marry me, Baby

Start from the beginning

"Nisha, I was joking. Why are you taking it seriously?" He caught my hand, but I broke it.

"Seriously? You said you were asked to kill my best friend." I swilled down the emotions. "You scared me to death." I caught a deep breath, curled my hands to bury down the emotions. I couldn't lose control now. "Rahul, I should go. Kabir would be worried about me. It's late," I lied. Kabir didn't even care to call me.

"But—"

I didn't hear a word and turned around. My nails were piercing my skin, drawing the blood out. What was happening? I was being good at it. I couldn't burst out. It wasn't needed. It was just a plain joke and I shouldn't take it seriously. Rahul was like this. It was his habit to joke around, even if it meant that it would kill another person.

Nisha, control yourself. You could do this. Mom believed you could do it. She believed in you.

"Nishi Oberoi, will you marry me?"

And my thoughts were infringed. Confused, I turned around and saw Rahul was standing with a ring in his hand. Cold flew through my spine as I saw him. What was the hell he doing by playing such an act?

Gazes of other customers fell on us. Peering around the restaurant, I caught the gazes, some were filled with love while others were confused. He wasn't doing this, playing another prank on me.

Hardly striking my foot on the ground, I went to him and whispered, "What the fuck are you doing?"

Ignoring my words, he continued, "Baby, will you marry me? I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Don't say no. I love you. I remember the first time we met, it was so romantic."

Wearing a scoff, I crossed my arms. "Throwing milkshake on me was romantic?!" Uncrossing my arms, I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Our second time was romantic."

"You had called me a bitch." His smirk was wearing down.

"But baby," He spoke loudly. "What about our kid?" He placed his hand on my stomach. "Please, don't do this to me. I love our baby. I'll take his responsibility. Just marry me."

I heard people chanting to say yes, some were watching us with fascinating gazes. Even one had a courage to yell go for it and say yes. All I could do was roll my eyes at his act. He had gone mad; utterly mad.

"Stop the fucking bullshit you're playing."

Smirking, he knelt closer and whispered, "I won't. Last night you blackmailed me, now I'm returning the favor. Moreover, if you say no. people will think you're heartless."

I met his stare. "I don't care. You know why? Because you're nothing but a burden on everyone. The cut? I don't give a hell if you had died or lived. I did that only because of the oath I had taken." Smirking, I brushed my index finger on the ring, taking in the silver shiny metal with a twinkling diamond in the middle. "I get why your family doesn't include you. Who would want a person as disgusting as you?" Hatred poured through his eyes until it coated his whole face. And not even for a second, I regretted the words. If he thought that the thing he said was a joke, then this was my joke. "Do whatever you want. I'm going home. And please, don't cross my path again."

"With pleasure," He spat. "Advice, don't ever show me your face again."

"With pleasure." Doing a little bow, I announced, "My answer is no." Taking the ring from his hand, I dropped it on the floor and went out of the restaurant. I didn't care if people were talking behind my back, whispering what type of person I was. I was too busy sorting out the feelings and controlling my wild emotions. I was overreacting.