Chapter 20

Shadow Leaves panicked. You're a medicine cat! He told himself. You shouldn't be panicking, you're trained for this!

"It's working!" Holly Leaves mewed. "The kit is coming out faster."

"Continue, Autumn Leaves," Shadow Leaves urged. "Continue thinking of the cats you love, and your kits!"

"Okay! Okay!" Autumn Leaves gasped for air again.

"What's going on?" Fallen Path shrieked, coming into the tunnel with Ginger River and Holly Fall.

"About time you showed up!" Heart Willow retorted. "Your daughter is having her kits!"

"What? What? I..." Fallen Path didn't say anymore, as he fainted.

Holly Fall raced up to Autumn Leaves.

"My daughter, I'm here!" she mewed. "Everything is going to be okay!"

"I know, we're almost... done," Autumn Leaves replied. "I... think!"

"We are," Shadow Leaves assured his mother. "We are almost done. The last kit is almost out, Autumn Leaves, you can do it!"

"I... know!"

Once the kit was out, Shadow Leaves bit the sac to releases it. He slid it to his mother and she began to lick it.

"This reminds me of when I had you three," Holly Fall scolded while licking the kit. "You were so cute when you were tiny!"

"Mother!" Holly Leaves groaned.

Shadow Leaves watched as Autumn Leaves maintained her strength to sit up and look at her kits. Shadow Leaves looked at the kits himself, the first one was a grey tom-kit with white underbelly, paws and black patches. The second one was a white she-kit with grey underbelly, paws and black patches.

"What are you going to name them?" Holly Fall asked.