Chapter 13

Holly Leaves decided that she wanted to follow Autumn Leaves to the forest because her sister's love to the ThunderClan tom was too deep and they would get caught some time. Autumn Leaves seemed different than usually, she seemed... dazed. Why was this? Was she about to leave Mousewhisker?

"Good to see you," Autumn Leaves mewed cheerily.

"It's good to see you, too," Mousewhisker replied. "I got distracted while I was hunting – I was thinking about you again – I missed a really easy catch. And Thornclaw said I had less sense than a newborn kit!"

"I have to tell you something, Mousewhisker."

"What is it? Are you leaving me?"

"No---"

"I can be better, Autumn Leaves! You don't have to leave me!"

"I'm not---"

"I'm sorry! I can do better if you don't leave me..."

"Mousewhisker, be quiet! I'm not leaving you, I'm expecting your kits, you mouse-brain!"

What? How can that be?

"Really?" Mousewhisker echoed. "That's great! So you're coming to live in ThunderClan with me?"

"What? No, of course not!" Autumn Leaves replied rudely.

"Why not? I'm sure Bramblestar would welcome you."

"No, Evening Drop has already left TunnelClan. I'm staying in TunnelClan."

"But our kits---"

"Our kits can be raised without one parent, just so long as I nurture then like two."

"So, you're leaving me."

"No, no, I still love you but I can't live on the surface."

"So you want to live in those dark, damp tunnels forever?"

"Yes."

"I can't believe you."

Autumn Leaves gasped. "I can't believe you!"

Holly Leaves couldn't take it anymore, she jumped out of the bush.

"Would you just shut up?" she hissed. "I can't believe either of you, sneaking out of the camps to see each other but at one disagreement, you're arguing like kits!"

"He stared it when he called the tunnels dark and damp!" Autumn Leaves dobbed on Mousewhisker.

"Don't be a tattle tail, Autumn Leaves!"

Autumn Leaves opened her mouth but nothing came out, she stopped back into the tunnels.

"Mousewhisker, I think it's time you left," Holly Leaves mewed. "I'll have a word with her."

"You do that," Mousewhisker replied bluntly before leaving.

Holly Leave padded back into the tunnels after Autumn Leaves.