Chapter 4

"Autumn Leaves, you will be hunting by yourself today," Holly Fall ordered.

"Okay, Mother, I won't let you down!" Autumn Leaves mewed.

"I'm sure you won't."

Autumn Leaves dashed off, she would make her mother proud! I'll catch so much prey, Mother will praise me! And Father will do so too, I'll be their favourite kit!

. . .

Autumn Leaves scented the air, all she could scent was the tunnel's damp atmosphere. But then, she saw a squirrel! Autumn Leaves chased the squirrel through the tunnels, this squirrel was lovely and fat – not that common in leaf-bare, but since new-leaf was around the corner. Prey was getter fatter! The squirrel ran out of the tunnels, Autumn Leaves knew that she wasn't allowed out there but that squirrel was worth such a good praise... um, was too fat to loose. The ginger-and-black patched she-cat decided to follow the squirrel out of the tunnels and into... the forest?

Autumn Leaves thought that that tunnel lead to the moor – WindClan territory – but it didn't it lead to the moor, instead it lead to... what was the forest Clan called? Oh right, ThunderClan. She ran after the squirrel, which seemed to be losing energy as it was slowing down. Once Autumn Leaves caught the squirrel with a clean bite, she picked it up and began to walk back to the entry of the tunnels.

Autumn Leaves was almost about to walk into the tunnels when: "Halt, prey-stealer!"

Autumn Leaves stopped and turned around to see a large grey-and-white tom, his green gazed burned her pelt.

"Where are you taking that squirrel?" he asked.

"To my family..." Autumn Leaves paused, then dipped her head. "I'm Autumn Leaves, by the way."

"Mousewhisker. But I'm sorry, you can't take that squirrel. It's a ThunderClan squirrel."

"I'm sorry but my family and friends are very few, this squirrel could feed half of us."

"This is leaf-bare, we can't spare prey to puny apprentices' families."

"Leaf-bare is almost over and I'm a softpaw, not an apprentice."

Mousewhisker stopped, after a few seconds he dipped his head.

"Go, Autumn Leaves," he ordered. "Take the squirrel."

"But---" Autumn Leaves began.

"Just go! Go before I change my mind."

Autumn Leaves quickly dashed into the tunnels, something about that ThunderClan cat felt strange... what's about that cat that makes me feel strange?