Chapter 8

"Holly Leaves, Autumn Leaves, it is time for your test to become sharpclaws!" Fallen Path howled from Tunnel Ledge. "Go into that tunnel, travel back through the tunnels and come back. When you return, you will be sharpclaws."

Shadow Leaves watches his sisters go into the tunnel next to Tunnel Ledge. He wondered how he would become a full medicine cat...

"Fallen Path, I'd like to speak," Ginger River dipped his head. "Please."

"If you must, Ginger River," Fallen Path replied.

"Cats of TunnelClan, I believe that my softpaw Shadow Leaves is ready to become a full medicine cat."

"Wow, really?" Shadow Leaves echoed.

"Yes, now, I hold you before StarClan. And may our warrior ancestors hear my call, Shadow Leaves, do you promise to heal and care for your Clanmates as if they were your own?"

"Yes, I do, Ginger River."

"Then by StarClan's power, I make you a full medicine cat!"

"Shadow Leaves! Shadow Leaves! Shadow Leaves!" every cat called out.

. . .

Shadow Leaves pawed a borage leaf nervously, Holly Leaves and Autumn Leaves hadn't returned yet. The black-patched tom was worried about his littermates, they had been gone for two days! He didn't want them to die as softpaws without gaining the sharpclaw status. Please, StarClan, with all your power! Bring them home safely!

"Look, they're coming!" Heart Willow mewed.

Shadow Leaves stopping pawing the leaf and jumped up to look into the tunnel, Heart Willow was right, Holly Leaves and Autumn Leaves were coming!

"They're here! They're here!" Heart Willow continued.

"Holly Leaves! Autumn Leaves! Holly Leaves! Autumn Leaves!"

"We're sharpclaws!" Autumn Leaves mewed when she and her sister got out. "Oh, it's good to see the cavern-camp again."

"Same," Holly Leaves agreed.

"Did you two eat when you were looking for the cavern-camp?" Fallen Path asked.

"No, I was too busy looking for the exit," Autumn Leaves replied. "Why? Is that bad?"

"No, it isn't bad," Fallen Path meowed. "You both may eat your first meal as sharpclaws."

"Thank you, Father," Holly Leaves replied as Autumn Leaves dipped her head.

Shadow Leaves watched his sisters go to the pile of fresh-kill, he went with them.

"Hello, Autumn Leaves, Holly Leaves," Shadow Leaves mewed. "I was made a full medicine cat!"

"Congrats," Autumn Leaves replied.

"Congrats on you both becoming sharpclaws."

"Thanks," Holly Leaves replied. "I hope we all make smart decisions as sharpclaws and full medicine cat."

. . .

Eveningpaw woke up, she was in WindClan camp and this was her home... or was it? She shook herself, yes, it is my home, Eveningpaw thought. At least, I hope it is. No matter how many times the pale brown-patched she-cat repeated that this was her home, she couldn't get over the fact that Shadow Leaves intrigued her.

Eveningpaw sat up, every cat in WindClan was asleep. Why did her paws seem to want to pull her to TunnelClan? She got out of the apprentices' den and snuck out of camp. Eveningpaw remembered where the entrance to TunnelClan. She followed the two day old scent back to the cavern-camp.

"I'd like to join TunnelClan!" Eveningpaw mewed.