She held it on the palm of her hand and gazed at the gold engraved nickname that said "Eazy E."

"And your black ass gave me a pencil." Jada sartastically commented as I razzed from my mouth.

The school bell rung, and I quickly took it from Jada's palm and placed it inside the velvet case.

"Okay, I have Global, I'll catch you in lunch?" Jada remarks as I adjusted my Adidas blue coat.

"Cool, I'll see you later." I responded back as I walked into the jam-packed crowd in the hallway.

Jada pretending to be friends with Aaliyah because she wants to get near to Tupac? I'm sorry, but doesn't she realize that she already has Tyrin?

Speaking of Tyrin, I'm going on vacation with him, Larenz and his grandparents after Christmas for 3 days. 3 is such an unlucky number to me, every time when I say 3, the unexpected pops out of nowhere.

Dee isn't coming with us, because she has to work after Christmas.

Or possibly she wants Nino's mistletoe.

I made my way to my locker first, and as I opened the locker door, I heard a strong slam bang on the lockers right behind me.

I jumped from the impact and turned around, and it was a person I never expected to see.

"What's good, Nia?" Dre greeted as he laid his back on the lockers.

"Oh, Dre, what are you doing here?" I questioned.

"I'm wondering if you saw Michel'le, she in school today?"

I pressed my lips together as I thought of a response. "I'm not sure if she's here today, but is Eric here?"

"Oh, so you wanna see your boyfriend?" Dre teased as I scoffed.

"Where is Eric?" I questioned with a smirk.

"Unfortunately, your man's ain't here today." Dre responded, making me frown a bit.

Oh.

I took me a few seconds to think, before remarking. "B-but do you know where he lives?"

He nodded. "Yeah, I can drive you to his house after school, cool?"

"Yeah, it's cool. And how's you and Michel'le?" I questioned.

Dre narrowed his eyebrows a bit in confusion. "And how do you know?"

"I heard y'all got back together from that freshmen christmas week trip." I answered.

"So far, everything is going straight, and I'm praying that her ass don't mess up this time." Dre remarked as I gave a little snicker.

"Well, I'll see you soon." Dre left walking down the hallway.

"Oh...yeah." I replied quietly in a dispirited tone.

I sighed and cursed under my breath as I slid down the lockers and sat on the floor.

I heard faint footsteps arriving on the left side of the hallway, I stood up quickly as I could and shoved the case in my coat pocket.

"Nia, aren't you suppose to be in class?" The assistant principal warned me as I rolled my eyes with irritation and started heading my way to the next class.

****

"Since when I'm a fan of the Warriors?" Raheem loudly questioned Jada as he held his basketball jersey gift he received from her. It was our lunchtime and our last period before we leave school.