I filled the coffee pot with water, listening to the sink sputter a little bit before it spat the water at me. I loved this old shack. There were only three bedrooms in the house, only two bathrooms. The living room was kind of small and cramped, covered in all things tribal. The backyard was a garden that Sarah had started so long ago. Sarah?

I started the coffee pot and burst back in Jake's room. He was standing in front of his window, a hammer in hand.

"What are you doing?" I asked with a laugh. Jake was more suited to cars than he was to household problems. I usually took care of that.

"I've been meaning to get this hung up for you," he said, stooping down to grab the little string that Sarah's dreamcatcher hung on. "Maybe she can help you sleep if I have to patrol at night," he explained.

"So, quick question; can you read minds?" He cocked his head to the side and stared at me. "I was just making coffee and thinking about her. I was wondering where I'd left the dreamcatcher. At least that vamp didn't take it." He smiled, fingering the feathers that dangled from the bottom of it.

"I'm going to start breakfast. Coffee will be ready soon." I needed to get him fed before he went out an patrol. He must've taken a later shift or something.

I piled my hair in a sloppy version of a bun and straightened my shirt and shorts before turning to the old fridge. It was a good thing the old men were going fishing today; I was running low on my supply of fish. Since Harry's heart attack, both of them had been listening to me and cutting down on their red meats. I was sure that Jake wasn't exactly happy about that, but he never complained. I'd have to make a steak for dinner one night soon. Maybe we could do a date night again. I smiled, pulling the eggs and sausage from the cold box.

"Hey y'all," Dad shouted.

"Hey Dad," I replied. "Billy will be out in just a little bit."

"His age finally starting to show?" he teased. I rolled my eyes and brought my attention back to the meal.

"Coffee on?"

"Yeah; omelets sound good?" He just nodded.

"Hey Annie-girl, I was thinking, oh hey Charlie," Jake quickly corrected. "You and Dad heading out today?"

"Yeah, gonna be some good fishing today. You two have plans?" I could hear him worrying. I would have to chalk it up to him just being a father.

"Jake has work today, Dad. So it'll just be homework and chores. Do you need anything at home?" Jake growled beside me, hopping up on the counter, attempting to snag a sausage that had cooked. I slapped his hand away with a glare.

"I didn't want to make you go all the way home," he said sheepishly. "I was hoping maybe you could help me with some laundry? I, uh, accidentally turned one of my work shirts pink."

"Remember when I said not to put red and whites together?" I laughed. "What did you do before I learned?"

"He borrowed my wife," Billy said, his hair pulled back in a braid. I lifted the pan in my hand and flipped Dad's omelet.

"Did you bring some down here?" He turned red, but nodded. "Jake can go unload it; I'll get it done before you guys get back."

"Jake forgot that he was the slave," the boy in question said, jumping off the counter and heading towards the front door, grabbing Dad's keys as he went.

"Annie forgot that she was supposed to care." Dad and Billy laughed.

Breakfast was boring, Dad and Billy teasing each other as always. Jake and I kicked each other under the table every time one of us said something that could be interrupted in a different manner.