FBI Classified: Chapter 1

The corners of my eyes crinkled, shutting simultaneously together just as the sound of the clock ticked and echoed through the walls of my ears down to its drums.

With the tips of my slightly cold fingers I covered my ears, leaned back in my office chair and stuck out the tip of my tongue.

Why...because it helps...a lot. It reliefs the tension from the soul and mind, it makes it easier for me to concentrate.

"Edd! Edd! Edd!"

"Yes!" I answered lodging forward and straight up in my chair, it was Mrs Mumphry. " Yes, what is it?"

"There's a man here to see you." She answered me in a soft and well polished voice. Her English was perfect and the sound of the R rolled off of her tongue like a serenading carousel. "he says he's with the FBI and that its urgent that you see him."

"Really?" I asked cocking my chin up slightly with a brow corked high. "Did he give you a name?"

Her lips curved slightly to the left into a smirk and her brows lowered hooding her eyes nice softly. "No...sorry, he didn't. Do you want me to ask him?"

"No...I'll ask, just let him know I'll be with him soon." I told her in a modulated voice as I straightened my bow tie and rose from my seat. "Thank you Mrs Mumphry."

"Your welcome Doctor." She replied back with a soft and silvery voice before walking out and shutting my office door behind her.

"Hello." I said greeting the largely masculine well built man. he wore a sharp black custom designed suit, a grey and black fedora and black polished shoes. "I am Dr Edweirdo and you are sir?"

"Ah...just the man I wanted to see." Replied the largely masculine well built man as he tipped his hat to me. "I'm Quincy Shaws, I'm with the FBI and was sent her to speak a few words with you...Dr Edweirdo."

"Um..." I muttered lowly and softly under my breath as I bit my bottom lip with tension...god does the tension build fast. "Yes...of course, of course. Right this way sir."

"Here we are." I said in a modulated and relaxed voice as Mr Shaws stepped into my office. "Have a seat please."

"Thanks." Said Mr shaw in a plummy type voice as he tossed his hat onto my office desk, I chucked a bit and bounced a brow. "Ugh...nice office you got here kid, you must be pretty proud aye?"