"So you and Jake are officially a thing?" she asked quietly, probably hoping that Jake wouldn't hear her. She should know better than anyone that he probably could.

"Wouldn't you say we've been a thing for a while?" I said with a laugh.

"Girls!" Reynolds shouted. I couldn't escape the man no matter how hard I tried. "Perhaps you could pay attention to this video?" he suggested. Kim and I smiled and nodded like that was exactly we planned to do.

How are things with you two? my phone read.

Fine; why wouldn't they be?

You know, you're the only person I know who uses punctuation in their texts.

Way to answer the question.

I don't know; he kissed your sister.

No, my sister kissed him. Leah said that she saw it through the pack mind. Besides, would you be mad at Jared if that's what happened to him?

She turned and looked at me with a look that screamed, Seriously?

Speaking of Leah, what's going on with her?

What do you mean?

She's been a little nicer lately.

Leah's always been nice, Kim. You just had to get on her good side.

Okay, well unlike you, my boyfriend can't tutor me in this class when I start failing. She shoved her phone in her bag then, turning her attention back to the film. I laid my head on my hand and closed my eyes.

"Annie, we have to go to brunch," Jake whispered in my ear. I groaned. I guess it was better than saying that we had to go to class.

"I think I'm a bad influence on you; you just to be really good at all this stuff."

"I was never good at chemistry," I countered, rubbing my eyes. "I was just sleep deprived."

He laughed, following behind me without another word. The hallways were empty, meaning people were probably already in the cafeteria. I shoved my things in the locker and slammed it shut, turning to ask Jake if he was hungry. His mouth crashed down on mine before I could make a sound.

"No," I murmured against his mouth. "Jake there are people here."

"No one is here," he said, pressing a kiss below my ear.

"New rule." He groaned.

"Another one?"

"No affection at school," I said, slightly distracted.

"None?"

"Nothing more than what we used to do," I countered. He stepped away from me and frowned a little.

"Do you even know all your rules?"

"I don't have to remember them; that's your job."

"Feminist," he chuckled. "Fine; no PDA at school." I smiled smugly, knowing I had won again.

School passed by just like that. I wasn't much in the mood to pay attention to class. I wrote down the basic things, but most of the time, I just read. When school was finally over, I was more than ready to head to the gym.

"I'll be on patrol until six; will you be home by then?"

"I should be. Leah or I will text you if anything comes up," I said.

"You're just going to the Clearwaters, right?"

"Yes Jake; no stops or anything. Besides, we both know you're going to be running by the forest line until I get there."