So Close

Brandon and I walked inside to get captured with all eyes on us. Stef looked mad and Lena looked upset. The there were two other kids that looked a lot alike. They looked about a year younger than me.

"Callie, Brandon, dinners ready" Lena said

Brandon and I made our way to two empty seats at the table next to each other. We were having lasagna. Brandon gave me my food and I muttered a 'thanks'.

Dinner was mostly an awkward silence except for when Stef and Lena told me that I was going to Anchor Beach Charter School, that the two other kids were twins and that their names are Mariana and Jesus. I learned the rules like:

Rule 1: Curfew on weekdays are 8, weekends are 10

Rule 2: No going out without permission

Rule 3: No drugs or drinking

Rule 4: No going out after curffew

Rule 5: If I'm not going to be home before dinner then I must tell Stef or Lena

After dinner they told me that I had to sleep on the couch in the living room until the bed arrives then I have to move in with Mariana.

I was currently laying on the couch wide awake while everyone was probably sound asleep. My throat felt dry so I got up and headed to the kitchen. I got a glass of water and took a few sips.

"Hey" I was startled by the sound behind me.

I turned around to see Brandon smiling at me.

"Hey" I said back

"Why are you awake so late?" he asked

"I should be asking you the same thing" I said smiling

he chuckled as he got himself a glass of water "I woke up and my throat was dry, so I thought a glass of water would do the trick. Now why are you up so late?"

"Just couldn't go to sleep"

"Why?"

"I don't know just can't"

he hummed in understanding. I turned back around to see I was only a couple inches from him. I looked up to see his amazing hazel eyes. I could literally get lost in them. My eyes drifted from his eyes to his perfect lips then right back to his eyes.

I saw him lean forward and so did I. Our lips were only about 3 millimeters away from touching each other when I realized what I wad doing. I quickly snapped back.

"I'm so sorry" I put my empty glass in the sink and ran back to the living room. I laid on the couch and turned my back to the entrance.

I heard footsteps come towards me then stop right behind me. I felt a most feeling on my cheek then I heard him whisper "Goodnight Callie. I'm not letting you go that easily" then I heard his footsteps go up the stairs and soon fade away.

"I can't believe I almost kissed Brandon Foster" I thought then darkness came over me and I drifted off to sleep with only one thing on my mind.

Brandon Foster

__________________________________

ANOTHER UPDATE

COMMENT. VOTE. SHARE.

Anyway

Love

Ari<3