15- Nostalgia

MARIA SAEED

I woke up this morning, with no Sara by my side. I looked around, checked in the bathroom but she was nowhere to be found. I was about to call her, when my eyes caught her phone lying on the side table. I got up and went to Ali's room. I knocked a couple of times, but heard nothing. I couldn't wait anymore so I just pushed the door and went inside. He wasn't there either. When I got no sign of him, I was relieved. Those two lovebirds might be together. 

I pulled my hair up in a ponytail, wore my varsity jacket above my white shirt and stepped outside to take a walk. I thought about me and Sara. I think we're falling apart. It's like we don't even talk anymore, and even if we do, it's just about Ali. She doesn't even want to hear how I'm doing. It's like, Ali knows me better than her. She's my best friend! But I think we're losing it. Our beautiful bond which made everyone jealous, is fading.

I was thinking about all that when my pace promptly came to a halt. My eyes shifted to a very familiar face. That someone was reading a newspaper, with a smile on their face. I was suddenly captured in nostalgia. I closed my eyes and flashbacks started to drive through my mind. My best friend's cries were all I could hear. When I opened my eyes, I wanted him to disappear. But the total opposite happened. He was looking at me! 

I ran to the opposite direction, trying to vanish. But he ran real fast. In a matter of seconds, he grabbed my arm and stopped me.

"Are you kidding me?! What the hell are you doing? Let go of my arm before I cut you in half!" He raised his hands and let me go. Why is he even here?

"Wow. You're just as fierce as always!"

"Shut that hole in your face!" 

"I'm really sorry Maria." I laughed at that. I laughed so much that my stomach started to hurt and my head started paining. And then suddenly my face went from 'slap-happy' to 'Tasmanian Devil.'

"What did just come out of your dumb big ugly mouth?"

"I said I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what?! Sorry for breaking my friend's heart? Sorry for taking all her money from her? Taking all her happiness away?! But just F.Y.I. she is very happy now! So your plan just failed!"

"How is she happy?"

"Stop right there. You literally have no right to ask that question! You're nothing to us! You were just a wicked shadow! And when you left, that shadow was no more and we could see the sunlight which let us live! That air we breathed after you left made us realize how much of a giant faced loser you were! My best friend deserves to be happy, she deserves what she has! So I think you should go away." Tears started rolling down my cheeks. She's my best friend. I should be really happy for her.

"This, giant faced loser is asking for forgiveness. Let's talk. I swear I can explain. I can. I had some restraints. I didn't do it all on purpose okay? I had no other choice."

"Everyone has a choice!"

"But I didn't okay? It was a hard decision to make but I knew I had to do it!"

"You don't play innocent alright! You don't play innocent! You know that what you did was wrong and I know that too. You hurt my friend and you don't deserve any piece of her forgiveness!" I was angry. So angry that I could actually kill someone!

"What if I don't want her forgiveness? If one of you forgives me, my heart will be relieved."

"You think I'm going to forgive you?"

"Yeah."

"Never in a million years! Never. In. A. Million. Years."

"Please Maria. Please. Just follow me. Let's talk in peace. Please, I beg you." His face seemed really sorry. No sympathy for him! No sympathy! But I guess I should atleast hear him out.

"10 minutes. That's all you got."

"Oh god thank you so much!"

I don't know what I am doing. This is wrong. I feel like I'm betraying my best friend. I'm about to make the biggest mistake. I, am about to hear out the devil, Bilal Saad.

I'm sorry for the wait!! I had exams and I barely had time. And since I've started a fanfiction, I'm trying to divide my time accordingly.

So I hope you guys liked this chapter! Until next time! Xoxo