16- I'm sorry

SARA AKHTAR

After watching the sunrise, Ali and I talked for about an hour. We talked about normal things like friendship, love, trust etc.

During our walk home, I though about Maria. I haven't talked to her much lately. I spend too much time with Ali and I think she feels bad.

"What are you thinking about?" Asked Ali, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Nothing much. Just about Maria. I barely talk to her now. I think she misses me. I miss her too you know."

"Yeah. I was thinking about taking Haadi and your mom to an amusement park opening today. So you can spend time with her if you want to."

"Really? Oh my god thank you much!"

"I'd do anything for you." I passed him a smile and he winked at me.

As we reached there, Ali's footsteps suddenly stopped. He was looking at a very familiar person. Leaning on the door of his room was Maya Khan. Tears were rolling down her cheeks and she instantly got up on her feet, ran towards Ali and pulled him into a hug.

"Maya? Are you okay? What happened?" His voice stated clear tension and care for his sister. That's what I love about him the most. He cares so much about the people that he loves.

She didn't answer but she just kept sobbing. But seconds later she lifted her head, looked into his eyes and stepped back.

"Ali.." Was the only thing that came out of her mouth.

"Yeah?"

"You're Ali.. Khan."

"Tried telling you before."

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry I didn't believe you! I was scared and it was unusual for me. You just came to me and said you're my brother and I couldn't even decipher what you were trying to say! It was just so new and I'm so sorry!"

"How did you know I was correct?"

"Well today I was in mom's room and I found a picture of a news paper article in her drawer. It had your picture and it said something like 'Ali Khan earned it.' It suddenly struck me that it was you and I asked her who it was. She started stammering and said it's no one. But I knew she was keeping something. I ran to my computer and I did a little research. I found out that you were my.." She was still crying a little but she was calm now.

"Brother?"

"Yeah, brother."

"You should go to your parents Maya."

"Don't you mean our parents?"

"Those people are not my parents!" His voice was loud and angry and scary. Maya startled at the statement.

"What did they do to you?" The expression which was on Ali's face suddenly changed. I didn't like him like that.

"Nothing. They did nothing."

"Tell me! I deserve to know! You are my brother! I remember everything now! The moments that we shared together, the games we played when we were young, how you used to fail alot.." She chuckled at the last part but oops. That is not funny.

"Yeah I failed! You got a problem with that too?! Why don't you leave me?!"

"Ali I was joking."

"Well it's not funny!"

Then Maya rushed to me. Uhh she's gonna ask me. I can't answer!

"You're Ali's girlfriend right? He must've told you what happened. Please tell me. Please."

"Ali was we_" I started off but was cut off by Ali.

"Please don't say anything Sara."

"She deserves to know Ali. We need to tell her." I looked at him with a questioning expression and a minute later, he nodded.

I gasped, and started. "Ali was weak in studies and his parents were embarrassed. They told him that they were ashamed they have such a child and they left him. They ran to Australia, and left him in Pakistan with his grandfather."

"Really? I can't believe mom and dad would do that! But he's so successful now."

"I am successful. And that is why they usually ask for forgiveness and say that they want to come back. But I don't let them. I don't want such selfish parents! I have Sara, and that's enough for me. I don't want more." Added Ali.

"Fine. Then take me with you. When you guys leave for Pakistan. I'll come with you."

"It's not that easy Maya! What will you say to them?"

"The truth." She sighed. "I'm leaving now and will come back later with my bags. I'll stay with you here and we'll go back together."

"We have stuff to do here. It'll take time. We'll get to you when it's time to leave."

"I'll wait then."

"Okay."

"Bye brother."

"Bye, sister."

"Why did you lie to her Ali? We have no things to do. You said we'll leave as you meet your sister."

"Its for the best."

So this was the chapter! I hope you guys like it! Until next time! Xoxo?