Chapter 23

Ron's POV

Christmas Break 1994 - The Burrow

As I walked up the stairs, the sound of vomiting could be heard coming from the bathroom. I knew exactly who it was. I approached the bathroom and knocked on the door. I was greeted for a few moments of silence before Deleney announced that I could come in. I heard the toilet flush and I opened the door. Del stood at the sink, rinsing her mouth out. When she was done she smiled at me through the mirror.

"Are you okay, Del?" I asked her and she nodded her head, placing her hands on the small baby bump she had. She assured me she was fine, just morning sickness. I nodded at her response. I asked her how the baby was and she beamed at me. "The baby is doing perfectly. He or she is just chilling out in there." She chuckled and gestured to her stomach. "What are you doing awake anyway, Ron? I would have thought you'd be sleeping." She asked me and I shrugged. Delaney wasn't wrong. I was usually still asleep.

"True, but I woke up early and couldn't sleep so I went down and helped Mum with breakfast. She really appreciated it but now I have the task of waking everyone else up." I explained to her and we started making our way back towards the bedrooms. Delaney offered to wake Harry up as he was usually one of the hardest to wake.

Delaney's POV

As I entered Ron's bedroom, which he was currently sharing with Harry and Hermione, I smiled at how I thought it was sweet that Ron checked up on me in the bathroom. He could have kept going upstairs and ignored me completely. Making my way over to Harry's makeshift bed as he started tossing and turning in the sheets. I placed my hands on his shoulders and gave a firm shake, trying to wake him up. "Harry." I said firmly. He didn't wake. So I shook him again, this time speaking louder.

"Harry, wake up." This time it worked and Harry jolted up, almost headbutting me. He looked around frantically before realising where he was and sighed, falling back against his mattress. "Breakfast is ready." I spoke quietly, giving him a minute to recover from a noticeable nightmare. He waved his hand in dismissal and I sighed, leaving the cramped room and started making my way back down to the kitchen and dining room. On my way down I bumped into Fred and gave him a big smile. Taking my hand, he led the way down, keeping me steady so I didn't trip on the rickety staircase. We entered the dining area and took our seats and marvelled at the breakfast spread Molly had prepared this morning. "Oh, this is amazing, Molly." Molly smiled brightly and sat down with the rest of us and gave a slight nod of her head and the Weasley boys and Harry dug into the food.

I filled up my own plate, feeling quite hungry this morning. As I started eating my breakfast, Ginny spoke up and directed her question towards me. "Have you thought about having a baby shower, Del?" I took a bite of my toast and shook my head. I swallow my food before speaking again. "Uh- no, I haven't. Why?" I asked Ginny and she looked towards her mother. She shrugged before speaking again. "Mum and I thought it would be a nice idea to have one... only if you want of course." She started and Molly nodded. I thought about it for a few passing moments and looked towards Fred. It was his choice as much as it was mine. "What do you think, Fred?" I asked him, wanting his opinion as well. He nodded his head. "I think we should have one. It's a nice idea." Ginny cheered and I smiled as she and Molly went straight into talking baby shower ideas. I let them go, knowing that they'd ask my opinion on things later.

The rest of breakfast went by pretty fast, the room filled with chatter and laughter. I offered to help with the dishes and as I was washing a plate, Fred came up behind me and leant his chin on my shoulder. He placed a soft kiss on my cheek. "I have something to show you... George will finish off the dishes. Won't you, brother?" Fred called out towards the living area and I heard George groan in protest. Chuckling lightly, I passed him the dish towel as he came to a stop beside me. "Thanks, brother." Fred said and George rolled his eyes but smiled. I let Fred take my hand and lead me out to the front yard. "Where are we going?" I questioned and Fred said nothing but beamed a smile at me. He held up his hand, the keys to Mr Weasley's flying car dangling from his index finger. My eyes widened and my hand immediately fell to my stomach, resting on my small baby bump. "Oh no... Fred, that thing is a death machine." He rolled his eyes. "Come on, Laney. It's the only way we can get there... and I've been practicing. I promise there will be no flying, just driving." I guess that was something. I sighed and hopped in the car, knowing Fred would never put me or the baby in any kind of danger.

***

The ride in the flying car wasn't long. I estimated around 10 minutes but I was still extremely eager to get out of the car by the time we came to a stop. Fred parked the car very badly as I glanced out the window, slight confusion written on my face as I started at the row of townhouses. They weren't too old, but they definitely weren't as modern as some of the ones I had seen being built. I hadn't noticed that Fred had exited the car until he came to a stop outside my door and opened it for me. As I stepped out of the vehicle, I looked at him. "Where are we?" I asked in confusion.

He smiled as we walked a few steps, coming to a stop in front of one of the townhouses. "We are at our house, my dear." He said and I swear I could've given birth right here on the street. I whipped my head back to the house and then back to Fred. "Wait, we have a house? How?" I was full of questions and needed answers to every single one. Fred just chuckled and led the way into the house. I followed quietly behind him as he opened the door. "Well, since we're going to be parents, our own parents thought it might be a good idea for us to have our own space, so they chipped in and secured this place. We don't have to spend all our time here, I think we both agree that we need as much help as we can get.. But at least it's here for wherever we need it or want time just for ourselves." He continued talking as he followed me around the house.

It wasn't a big townhouse; it was definitely on the smaller side but it was perfect. It was only a two bedroom place, there was a living area, bathroom, laundry and kitchen. It had just enough room for Fred, the baby and I. It was perfect. Although it was already furnished, Fred announced that we could decorate it however we pleased. I was in love. Turning on my heel, I practically jumped into Fred's arms. "It's perfect. We have some pretty amazing family members, don't we?" He nodded and I leaned down to kiss him.

{EDITED 2021}