Chapter 22

Delaney's POV

"Delaney, are you okay?" Fred asked me moments later as I continued to stare into my cup of tea. Mr and Mrs Weasley had decided to head back to the Burrow in order to give us some privacy but Fred decided he would join them once everything was okay here. I sighed and placed my mug down on the table and looked towards my boyfriend. "Why can't my dad just be supportive? It's not like he didn't do the exact same thing... Both my parents were 17 when they had me." Freddie knew I had a point and I was more than sure my father had the same thought. "I don't know, love. Why don't you go talk to him and sort this whole situation out." I knew he was right. It was the easiest solution, and I was going to do exactly that. "I mean, it's a good idea... I'll feel better after it, I'm sure." Fred nodded and placed a comforting hand on my shoulder before placing a soft kiss on my cheek. He stated that he'd be at the Burrow when I was done and to meet him there later. I nodded as I left the kitchen, Fred making his way to the fireplace as I made my way up to the top floor of the house.

As I reached the black painted door that had my fathers initials printed on the door. It was a running theme in this house; everyone's door had the name or initials of the person whose room it was. I knocked on the door and waited for him to answer. After moments of silence, I opened the door to spot Sirius sitting in the middle of his bed. This room has not changed in the years I lived here and had definitely not changed since Sirius was a teenager. "Dad?" My voice rang through the silent room but I got no answer as he continued to stare at the wall. I sighed once more as I walked towards the bed, sitting next to him. "Look, dad, I'm sorry. I know it's a big shock for you; It's an even bigger shock for me... it's not something we had planned. It just happened." He turned and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"I'm sorry that I'm not a perfect daughter." He snorted and I could feel the laugh rising up in his chest. I chuckled to myself. I knew the exact words that he would speak next. "I don't want a perfect daughter. We all know I'm not a perfect father so you have nothing to be sorry for." I sighed heavily and rested my head upon my fathers shoulder, staring at the black wallpapered wall in front of us. We didn't speak for a while, just enjoying the silence as we sat there. After a few more moments, Dad cleared his throat and I lifted my head to look at him. "So, who are you telling next?" I hummed quietly as I thought about my answer. There were so many other people to tell. Our friends, the rest of our families... the thought of everything started to overwhelm me slightly.

Remus. Remus deserves to know next. I stood up from the bed and flattened the creases of my clothing. "I think I'll tell Uncle Remus next. I was hoping he'd be here but I'm sure he's at his own apartment." I shrugged slightly and Sirius stood up from the bed also, gesturing to the open door way. I nodded and walked out before him, making my way back down the stairs to find Fred so we could go off and tell everyone else we needed to tell. 

{EDITED 2021}