Chapter 10

A/N : This chapter is dedicated to Superdobby because its her birthday! Happy birthday!!

a/n 2020: okay who let me write this chapter haha it was dedicated to one of my friends for her birthday and the character darcy was based on said friend but the chapter makes no sense to the story haha anyway! i can fix this lol

Delaney's POV

"Hey Darcy!" I said as I sat down next to the youngest Diggory. She smiled back to me and I tilted my head as I noticed Cedric walking away. Hmm. I hadn't even noitced him sitting here as I was walking away. I looked back at Darcy and she shrugged. Weird. "Oh! Happy birthday!" I exclaimed, almost forgetting why I had come over here. I held out a parcle towards her and she took it with a massive smile on her face. 

"Thank you!" She spoke excitedly as she started to open it. I watched her carefully, my own excitment bubbling as I awated her reaction. Darcy face lit up as she finally ripped the brown paper off, a small gasp falling from her lips as she flipped through the photo album I had made for her. "Oh my gosh! I love it, thank you so much!" She explaimed and threw her arms around me in a hug. It was filled with pictures that had been taken since the day we had met and included plent of group pictures as well. 

I let out a noise of glee, happy with her reaction and the fact that she loved the gift. "Oh, I'm so glad! I know you love personal things, you know, things from the heart. And I definietly had a blast putting it all together." I explained to her and smiled again as I watched her flick through it once more. We laughed and pointed out certain photos, sharing the memories we remembered from said day. 

"Oh! Gosh, I'm so stupid. We're throwing you a party tonight! There was a big debate whether it should be a surprise and blah blah blah... but I won and everyone agreed we'd just tell you so! Meet us in the abandonded potions class room at 7! I have already seeked permission from McGongall for us to be out after curfew so we dont have to worry about that. I guess being Head Girl of 6th year has it perks." I chuckled softly and shrugged, noticing how happy Darcy was at the mention of the party. 

Darcy and I went different ways after sitting and talking for a little while longer, both eager to get done with dinner and onto the party. But thankfully dinner went quickly and the party was easy to set up with the help of magic, of course. After setting up the party, I made my way to the Gryffindor tower and quickly got ready. Student's from 3rd year and above were allowed to attend the party, thanks to McGonagall's permission; but we only had until 11pm and then the party had to end. 

Students started showing up not long after 7, clearly excited to be apart of something other than school work and school activites. Smiling as I walked around the room, I took a sit from my drink, stopping to talk to a few Hufflepuff student. I waved at Cedric as he entered the room, more then sure that Darcy wasn't too far behind him, and I was right. Not even a mere few seconds later, Darcy entered the space and we all cheered; shouting happy birthday. She laughed and thanked us all and joined us as we continued with the party. 

{EDITED 2020}