"What happened to you?" She sniffs as he pulls her up to sit on the bed that he's sat on, however I don't miss the way he grits his teeth and shuts his bruised eyelids in pain.

"Your brother is a fighter," He heaves a sigh and pushes her hair back behind her ear. "I-"

"A fighter?!" I finally find my voice to speak and step closer towards him, anger suddenly rising inside of me. "You were fighting?! With who?! Why would you even do that when you know-"

"You fought somebody?!" Rimsha suddenly cuts me off as she glares down at her son.

"Woah, woah!" Kamil laughs lightly and holds up his hands in surrender at the two of us disappointed women. "I didn't find no-body!"

"Somebody beat you up?" Nafisah whimpers through gritted teeth. Her little hands ball into a fist as she glares down at the marble floors. "They can't do that! Muslim people don't fight!"

I huff and cross my arms across my chest, raising an eyebrow at Kamil who is staring down at Nafisah in admiration. He pinches her cheek and pulls at it, laughing as he does so which makes her burst out into a fit od giggles after a while.

I look over at Rimsha who is shaking her head and has grown red all over her cheeks, almost on the verge of tears. She exhales and runs a hand down her face, completely disgruntled about what has made her son visit the hospital. I watch as she bites down on her thin lip, stepping closer towards him before she leans down to place a kiss onto the top of his head. I don't fail to miss the way Kamil stiffens slightly under her kiss and after Rimsha leans away from her son and grabs Nafisah's hand does he make himself more comfortable in his seat.

"...Wow," Kamil voices and makes me turn to look at him. "I've never seen you this depressed over me."

I blink a couple of times, realising that I had dwelled deep into my own thoughts and had forgotten where I was. I scoff with a roll of my eyes. "Go on then," I ignore his comment although it gets under my skin. "How did this happen then?"

Surprisingly, he smirks at me and he flinches slightly when he pulls his lips too tight due to his busted lip, however it still remains playing on his smug face. His eyes bore into mine and they are full of amusement, making me confused.

"Well?" I place a hand on my hip, clearly not impressed with the way he's
acting.

"You don't want to know...it may tarnish your friendships." He licks his lips and raises an eyebrow challengingly at me, waiting for my response.

What does he mean by that?

"Friendship?" I repeat the word, my heart starting to beat faster inside of my chest. No friends of mine are that violent and could stoop so low as to beat up another human to the point that they have to be sent to the hospital.

"They found me unconscious, you know?" He raises his finger nails up to his face, pretending to examine them when in actual fact he's messing with my head. I open my mouth to reply but he cuts me off from actually speaking...as usual. "Anyway, I like this." Hesays as he runs a hand through his tangled hair before bringing both his arms to rest behind his head.

I furrow my eyebrows in disbelief. "You like being in a hospital bed, having your face scattered with cuts and having your body limp?"

At this he bursts out laughing and throws his head back slightly. I'm surprised that he doesn't end up having a coughing fit whilst his chest heaves up and down. Kamil looks at me and wipes a tear from his eye, only making me huff in annoyance.

"Oh, Alvina," He laughs a little more before straightening up in his seat. His facial features harden suddenly as his eyes roam my face, making me uncomfortable like he usually does ninety nine percent of the time. "I mean....I like this. The way you're concerned for my well being makes me-"