Chapter 4: Isolated

Start from the beginning

His search did not take long as he soon found the ghost in the basement. The air was frigid to preserve the food stored there but the chilly temperature did not perturb the young halfa. In fact, he relished in it as the cold air that cooled and provided comfort to his core. Danny swept his gaze around the refrigerated storage space, the basement was filled with stacked boxes of packaged meat and fruit to be used in the cafeteria.

There was movement at Danny's left and several cardboard boxes glowed green, the common sign of possession. Recognizing the entrance, the halfa let out a desperate moan, "Please don't be who I think it is..."

But as usual, fate had it out for him with vengeance and his luck proved to be nonexistent. The pudgy, round ghost floated into view.

The overall-wearing ghost raised its gloved hands in a failed attempt to appear intimidating. "Beware! I am the Box Ghost!" the lone sound of a cricket answered back.

"I have control over all containers cardboard, cubic, and square. Tremble before the might of the Box Ghost, as you are at the mercy of..." the blue skinned ghost grabbed the nearest floating box and read the label, "Frozen corn puppies!"

Danny brought his palm to his face and dragged his hand down. His eyebrow twitched with his mounting annoyance.

"Seriously! I don't have time for this!" In a flash, rings traveled along Danny's body changing him into Phantom. Danny aimed the Fenton Thermos at the pitiful excuse of a ghost. Aware of the halfa's intentions, the ghost hurled the box's contents at the boy. Danny turned intangible to avoid the impact of the attack.

"You will not be able to contain the sheer awesomeness of the Box ghost in that cylindrical device! For I-" Danny caught off the Box ghost's tirade with the on button of the thermos. The ghost was soon enveloped in swirling light and his corporeal form began to distort. The Box Ghost let out one final "BEWARE!" before he was sucked into the device. Danny closed the cap on the thermos and reverted back to his human form.

The chime of the late bell reverberated throughout the building.

"Aww, crap..."

-PotC-

Danny peeked into the small rectangular window of the classroom door. Mr. Lancer was in the middle of droning out a mundane lecture to his English class. Danny held his breath as he slowly creaked the door open. Stealthy, he tiptoed his way into the classroom, trying to remain quiet and unnoticed by the teacher as he snuck toward his assigned seat near the back of the room. Danny froze as the room settled into a foreboding silence, the irate noise of a throat clearing caught his attention. Danny turned towards the vexed teacher. The portly, bald man had his arms crossed as his fingers tapped in an annoyed manner.

"So you finally decided to bless us with your presence, Fenton? Late to class again. Rest assure, your guardian will hear of this." Danny heaved a sigh in defeat and made his way to his seat. The surrounding students giggled at the black-haired geek's distress. Danny's ears tinged red as he slid down into his chair.

-PotC-

In the hallway, Danny ducked through the crowd of teens. He weaved in and out while keeping to the sides, careful to avoid any unnecessary attention as he made his way to class. Unfortunately for him, his attempt was in vain as he caught the eyes of none other than Dash Baxter.

The larger boy barreled his way to Danny. "Hey, Fenturd!" The jock forced his way to Danny with his other jock friend, Kwan, in tow.

"Dash, I really don't have time for this. I actually want to get to class on time for once, can we settle this on another date?" The halfa let out a small awkward chuckle, hoping to placate the incoming threat.