How to Fight Demons

NOW THIS TITLE WORKS!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

          "How do you even watch this shit? It's so cringey." Freddy muttered, his head on the spirit's shoulder as he glared lightly at the TV.

          The two of them were- yet again- in some random motel. Freddy was sitting behind Ghostface on the bed, arms wrapped around the spirit's waist. They had met in the dream world, done a few things (meaning each other), and after Freddy decided to follow Ghostface to the real world. He had nothing better to do. Now, they were watching the TV, and some sort of reality show was on. Freddy hadn't been paying much attention. He couldn't have even if he wanted to, it was so bad.

          "I've seen cringier." The spirit muttered, watching with slight interest and a raised brow as he leaned back into the dream demon.

          "You mean there's worse things than this?" Freddy's tone was mildly concerned, mainly unimpressed, eyebrows upturned slightly.

          "Yeah. You've smiled before, haven't you?" Ghostface looked to Freddy with a smirk. Freddy turned and glared at him, but there was a small grin on his face. He watched the spirit shrink away slightly, covering his mouth with his hand in an attempt not to laugh.

          "You little fucker." He grumbled quietly as he laid his head back onto the spirit's shoulder, resisting a small smile at the way Ghostface laughed, admitting that he was only joking, even though Freddy didn't need to be told that to know. It soothed him, feeling the smaller frame shaking with laughter against him, though he didn't know why. It was a rare moment of peace. Both of them were calm, actually just relaxing for once. It was a little strange; unusual, but not unwelcome. Freddy even nuzzled into the crook of the spirit's neck, closing his eyes. It was probably the calmest he had ever been around the spirit.

          And although Ghostface hated it, the peace had to be brought to an end.

          Ghostface moved quickly, possessing Freddy instantly again. It was slightly more difficult, though, but the spirit had started to learn that whenever he did possess Freddy, it was more difficult than before. Whether it was the demons hanging on tighter, or Ghostface getting weaker, he couldn't tell.

          "Really?!" The voice stronger than steel growled lowly, clearly annoyed. "Not one fucking moment of just relaxing before you split my head in two?"

          "Tell your demons to let go of you more often then." Ghostface would have glared at him if he could. "Any chance you get to separate yourself from them, you take. It's the only way to ever gain ground on them."

          "I know..." Freddy grumbled, looking away and sulking a little.

          A small gasp of pain left the spirit, and he held on to Freddy even tighter.

          "What is it?" Freddy looked down at the spirit worriedly.

          "They're stronger this time. Hurry up." Ghostface only barely managed to whisper this before all three sentries attacked, breaking through the shadows surrounding the two of them. Ghostface quickly shielded Freddy, screwing his eyes shut as the small demons started to tear him apart. Freddy's emerald eyes widened in shock.

          The demons had never broken through that fast before.

          "Freddy, hurry up!" The spirit grit his teeth together, clearly in pain. Freddy was frozen for a moment before he could stutter out some form of a response.