Chapter 36: I can't say it

Start from the beginning

Balloons, check. Chocolates, check. Birthday cake, check. 150 letters in a jar, check.

All of my surprise is ready. I planned this earlier than you all thought. I started planning this 2 months ago. Anything for my best girl. ❤

Thankfully, there was no school today. It's Saturday. I could ask her out for a date for a whole day. If she's on the mood... I was wearing my black Nike shoes, black jeans, black jacket and a white plain T-shirt inside, my silver crossed necklace, my black sunglasses and our couple ring.

Why am I wearing all black? Well, it's my favorite color now.

I look cool.

Joke.

It's around 9 in the morning and I am in front of her house. The balloons were tied on my car, the cake is inside, I'm holding a bouquet of her favorite flower, and the jar too.

I walked to her house and pressed the doorbell, hoping that Juvia will answer.

I was surprised when it was Juvia who really answered. She was wearing her blue pajamas and her eyes were puffy and red. She was hugging her white pillow.

She looked horrible. What happened to her.

"Juvia?" I dropped the bouquet on the floor gently and the jar too. Without any hesitations, I pulled her into a hug.

I hugged her like we never seen each other for years now. I didn't care if someone is looking at us. The important thing is, she's here now. She must've been sick yesterday. I'm such a fool.

I kissed her cheek, her forehead and her nose. "Juvia... I missed you."

"G-Gray-sama..." Oh, her cute voice. How I missed it so much.

I cupped both of her cheeks and I saw her crying again. I wiped her teats with my thumb and asked, "Why are you crying, baby?"

"I-I... I was just... Happy to see you." She said and continued to cry. I know that that wasn't the reason. But I won't force her to tell me the truth. I'll just wait.

"Shh... I'm here now." I pulled her into a tight hug again.

"I'm sorry... *sob* I'm sorry..." She whispered against my chest.

"It's okay. You can explain it to me later. For now, you should get ready because I'm taking you wherever you want today." I gave her one of my signature smiles. "Happy anniversary, Juvia Lockser."

"Y-You remembered?" She seemed shocked when I let go of her.

I pouted. "Wow, I'm offended."

She giggled. Oh, how I missed it. "I-I'm sorry. *sob*" She wiped her tears and gave me a small smile. "I thought that you won't remember it."

"I'm really offended. It's also your birthday, right?" I smirked. "I didn't even mark it on my calendar because I know that I will remember that date forever."

She smiled for a while but then she frowned.

"Juvia?"

"I-I'm sorry again, Gray-sama. Please come in for a while. I'll just go get ready for our date." She said and pulled me inside.

I sat on her sofa while she quickly ran upstairs. Something is really bothering her... I wonder what that is. Maybe she'll tell me later.

I removed my glasses and put it on my pocket. But, I'm happy that she finally talked to me. Maybe she wasn't really angry at me yesterday. Maybe there was another reason.

After a few minutes, Juvia came down with her hair tied into a braid and it was on her side, she wore alight make-up, a white dress with a blue ribbon on the waist, a 3 inch white stilettoes heels, and her white shoulder bag on her side. "Sorry for waiting, Gray-sama."