32 | Cared

"YOU SHITBRAIN OF A NEPHEW!" was the first words he woke up to.

Eric groaned, the piles of books and papers stacked around his bed toppling over as he moved to see his verbal assailant. But there was no need to see. He knew who owned this high pitched shrill of a damned voice. After all, he woke up to his aunt's abusive words everyday.

Not like he cared.

Life was a bore and he was preparing to leave home anyway.

What could stop him?

His aunt and uncle had no real relations or lasting attachments with him, where they encouraged him to move, even when young, to gain the guardian 'fame' benefits of raising a genius child like him. And if he were to move on to the real world - perhaps university first - he could leave their sight and their torment and perhaps find life in overseas, new experiences.

That was where his future aspirations (a future university) lay; overseas.

Overseas.

And he would give the world to grow up already and leave his torturous household.

Until he met her.

Sienna.

Someone who needed him and someone he needed.

And for the first time in his life, he desperately regretted his desire to leave.

He regretted his plans and arrangements and he had to tell aunt and uncle that he no longer wanted to go overseas.

That he needed to stay with them a bit longer,

for Sienna.

He wanted to stay,

for her.

And when he did tell them, that didn't go down well.

Another shitload of abusive names and comments.

Not like he cared.

He never cared.

But,

he wanted to stay for Sienna.

He had to wonder,

how about her,

did she want him to stay?

---

A/N

LMAO my ending was very anticlimactic I'm sorry haha but please share your opinions on this chapter, whether there's anything I can approve on story wise. I can say that this story will probably end with about 40 chapters ahah - the longest I've written before o.0 but yeah I'm very excited to end this journey with Sienna and Eric XDDD

Also I encourage you to vote and comment if you like this story, because for me it's the best energy bar I can get to write! :D

Thank you so much for reading and being a constant reader despite my inconsistencies!

Cheers, Merlene