27 | Fear

Sienna | Eric | Leo

Eric.

Eric.

"ERICCCC!!!!"

"Huh? What?"

Eric was bamboozled out of his thoughts through Leo's sudden exclamation. Only then did he realise that Sienna next to him her curious eyes peering into his own.

"Oh. Sienna?"

You, dumbass! My brother said that we could leave now since he already met you.

"WHAT? REALLY? THANK GOD!"

"I'm still here you know."

Leo's voice was left unheard to Eric's joyful antics. The brown-haired male cheered like a kid whilst Sienna watched on, slightly humored.

"I'M STILL HERE DUMBASS. NOW LEAVE!"

The couple were startled out of their reverie before grinning stupidly at each other.

"LEAVE NOW! I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOUR HAPPY FACES HERE!"

Both of them were shuffled out of the nutrition shop by the oxygen deprived older brother.

"Is he ok?" Eric began when out of Leo's earshot.

He's just feeling awkward that I initiated introducing you to him.

"Well, I think he hates me."

Sienna giggled.

I know he loves me.

"I think he wants to murder me."

I think he wants to... What?! Murder?!

"I think he thinks I'm stupid."

Well, I think he likes you.

"...Really?! He seemed pretty pissed off when he was conversing with me..."

Oh, don't worry. Leo's always like that.

"Always?"

Yeppp. In fact he smiles at people he hates.

"Smi- SMILES?!!"

It's his thing. You see, his smile is scarier than his frown and I think he realised that when he was younger so whenever he saw someone he hated, he smirked at them.

"Wow... that sounds complicated."

Our lives are complicated...

Eric faltered in his words, wondering whether he should ask Sienna now or not. It was the perfect chance but he didn't want to put her off with his sudden knowledge of her anorexia in their first meeting. He had planned to confront her about it either when she was ready to mention it first or after meeting a few more times.

"... how so?"

Well, you know, the usual life problems.

"Sienna," Eric called in a tone slightly harsher than he intended.

Sienna looked at him, lipid fear in her eyes like a deer caught by headlights. She gulped slightly, her lower lip quivering as if on the verge of muttering something. But whatever she muttered, no sound came out.

Eric immediately regretted asking.

Her body was shaking by now and he took her hand. He couldn't bare pressure her anymore.

But at the same time, he couldn't let her run away.

He waited.

And she lifted her phone with her one hand, typing a word up.

Eating.

But that was all she could type before she lost her hold on her phone. It clattered on the ground, the silence between them growing.

Eric froze.

Should he continue this conversation?

On his side, Sienna's was shaking uncontrollably, the tears welling in her eyes as if she was ceaselessly haunted by memories.

He felt more than terrible and his grip tightened.

"I'm sorry," he muttered as he bent over to pick up the phone.

He gave it to her and she anxiously clutched it once again.

No, I'm sorry.

She looked away, avoiding eye contact.

"Don't worry."

Instantly, her irises darted back to his gorgeous hazel ones. They sparkled with life, unlike her own tainted dark pupils. She took a deep breath before continuing typing.

I think you will need to wait more.

Eric gave her a smile. She had done enough. She had said enough.

She was taking steps towards telling him; small and steady.

He could only encourage her.

"I will wait as long as you want."