eleven - "shut up and kiss me."

A loud groan left my lips as scrunched up yet another piece of paper and threw it to the side. "I give up. I'm not creative enough for this." I complained putting my head in my hands. Zayn and I were working on the project together, and I was trying to think of a layout for my collage and it wasn't going too well.

"Why did you choose art then?" Zayn asked from the desk in my room.

"I didn't want to do five academics so I thought I'd choose a creative subject." I muttered.

Zayn chuckled and shook his head at me. "I can't say I have that problem - I'm just naturally gifted." He said with a smirk.

"As much as I hate to admit it, you're right."

"You know it, angel."

Rolling my eyes, I put all of my materials into a neat bundle next to where I was sitting on the bed. "Can we take a break?"

"You clearly need one."

"Thanks." I replied dryly, giving him a dirty look which only caused him to laugh at me. Things had been a lot less awkward with Zayn since we'd went bowling the day before - I don't know what happened I just suddenly felt a lot more comfortable around him.

Zayn swung around to face me on the desk chair. "Can I ask you something?"

"As long as it's nothing dirty."

"It's clean I promise."

"Fire away."

Zayn bit his lip and shifted slightly. "I know it's kind of out there, but there's this family thing and I'm kind of supposed to bring someone - a girl. And I just, you're the only girl I'm really kind of close to and I was wondering if you'd like to go. Like, with me." I could only just make out what he'd asked me because of how quiet and rushed it was. Zayn played with his fingers as he waited for me to think over the request. For a moment, I was slightly taken back. It was such a random thing for him to ask. There were lots of other girls that would go with him whether they spoke together or not, but I saw his logic behind asking me considering I was the only female he made contact with regularly. There was a part of me deep down that hoped that wasn't the only reason, but I pushed the thought away knowing it was unlikely.

"Sure, that sounds fun." I said with a smile.

A wide grin appeared on Zayns face. He stood up and pulled me in for a quick hug, taking me by surprise. I smiled at how genuinely happy he seemed, and watched as he pulled away and sat back in the desk chair. "Thanks, you're a lifesaver!"

"Why do you need a - " I paused for a second to decide if date was the appropriate word to use but decided against it, " - need to bring someone?"

"Mum's telling me she won't let me in otherwise. She's sick of me 'being antisocial at family events'. So she told me to bring someone."

"Why does it have to be a girl? Why not Liam or Louis?"

Zayn raised his eyebrow at me. "Are you sure you want to go?"

"Yes, I'm sure! Honestly. I'm just curious."

"It's uh, it's a wedding. So there'll be like - dancing."

My eyebrow shot up at the way his face scrunched up when he mentioned dancing. "I'm guessing you're not too into the dancing thing?"

Zayn grimaced. "Is it that obvious?" I nodded in response. "I hate it with a passion. I can't do it."

"Do you hate everything you can't do?"

"I don't hate you, angel." He responded with a smirk and a wink - which I had been expecting. My eyes rolled at him but I allowed a small smile to show on my face.