Chapter 28:

I had my eyes closed again. We were seated there, in complete silence. It wasn't awkward or stupid or even uncomfortable. It was a very much needed silence. Its funny how people think I have pulled through my moms death so fast when they don't really know the truth. This amazing guy next to me with dazzling blue eyes, dimpled cheeks and a freaking hot body is actually the only one to know.

"Diana! STOP!"

"No no no no, no, shes gone ASHTON SHE IS FUCKING GONE!"

I yelled and yelled and yelled, I yelled until my lungs were tired and worn out. Okay, I couldn't scream anymore. Fine.

I picked up the next best thing, plates still to be washed.

Bang.

The sound echoed through out the room as the plates collided with the wall and shattered into pieces.

The sight was unbearable.

It was so bad because thats exactly how my heart felt. It felt heavy and broken.

As every plate I threw broke, I could feel my heart break too. It kept happening again and again and again.

It felt like a giant elephant was doing a tap dance on my heart. Let me tell you, its not funny and sure as hell pains WAY more than death itself.

Death.

She isn't there anymore.

My mom. My life. My everything.

"Diana, please?" Ashton's pleading voice rang through my ears.

I stopped. I stopped the throwing for a while I guess.

He pulled me into a hug.

My shoulders felt wet. I was sure I didn't have eyes next to my ears or that my ears were watering. That would just be weird and freaky and weird, yeah I used weird twice.

Thats when reality slapped me hard in the face, twice.

One. Ashton was the one crying, which is why my shoulders were wet.
Two. Shes gone.

I don't think it takes a genius to figure out who 'she' was.

"Hello?" Some said, and snapped their fingers right in front of my nose, bringing me back to reality in the same process.

Oh hi reality, the famous bitch, we meet again.

"Y-y-yeah?" I managed, still in daze.

"Anna, I was telling you that we don't have much time left, I think I just saw one of our teachers taking a look around the lawn." He explained.

I nodded.

And I looked up only to meet his breath taking beautiful blue eyes.

Yeah I'm a blue eyes kinda girl.

I tried to look back at my feet but the way he looked at me had me compelled. Not in the vampire kinda way or anything though. Just normal, not supernaturally affected compulsion. I was locked in his gaze and it seemed like he was struggling to break free from mine too.

I saw him lean in closer, with a twinkle in his eyes.

For a moment I actually saw the happiness in his eyes and that made my stomach flutter. It felt like the elephant was back, but this time only to tap dance in my stomach.

Uh, I hate you elephant. I mentally groaned.

I was about to say something but I was shocked by our closure. His face was inches away from mine. I could smell his cologne, and boy, was it amazing.

His eyes Diana, focus on his eyes.

Nope. Said my body like it had grown a mind of its own outta nowhere.

My eyes shifted towards his lips and flicked back to his eyes. And let me tell you. Those pink shaded lips were way more than just inviting.

WE ARE GONNA KISS. OH MY GODS OH MY GODS ARGH PLEASE DON'T LET ME FAINT AFTER IT HAPPENS OR WORSE BEFORE!

Just as we were about to..

"Mm." Some said, and cleared her throat.

Oh, BITCH MEL. ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?

"I-uh, sorry, uh, Diana and I were just talking about her umm, mom.." He stammered.

I could easily laugh at that, but I was too shocked to do anything.

"Sure." She mumbled and pulled him off the ground. She took of thinking he would wall her behind, I knew he would so didn't bother to look up.

Then again, boy, was I wrong?

Ashton came over and pecked my cheeks. It wasn't a affectionate gesture. It actually made me feel loved but not in the romantic kinda way, it was a weird feeling. But I didn't mind and just after that I felt more of those annoying sneaky little elephants joining the party going on in my stomach.

"Ill meet you at yours later, mom is outta town so Ill crash there. And, umm, I'm sorry. I don't know what I was thinking. Sorry, I won't ever let it happen again." He whispered, and chuckled lightly.

Oh but I want you to! I protested, in my mind of course. The baby me found her back into this body, I don't have a clue how.

I nodded.

He turned around and walked away.

For the first time, I was okay with him walking away. Because I knew he was coming back to me later. Not in a possessive manner, he is a great bestfriend and I wouldn't ever want to loose him. Especially not over something like jealousy due to a one sided love thing.

I too got up, a smile plastered to my face.

Walking around the school hallways still in a daze, I bumped into someone.

"Whoa! Watch where you're goin' blindy!" He whined.

Blindy?

The heck?

"Honestly Mason, I have no clue on how you come up with names like these so fast." I chuckled.

"I was born talented, baby. You're just jealous."

I rolled my eyes. He knew how much calling me 'baby' got on my nerves.

"Aww man" I said, before punching him on his side.

He groaned while I did a happy dance.

"I hate you," he mumbled holding onto his sides. "You're no fun."

"Um, excuse me?" I said, getting back my bitch voice.

His eyes widened. "Crap."

I just started laughing, and laughing so hard that I dropped to the floor in order to recover from my oxygen loss.

Last year Mason pulled on a similar stunt and said that I wasn't any fun. Thats when I got really pissed off because he was with Erica that blonde slut and he completely shut me off then called me no fun!

Naturally I had to do something dramatic so I kneed him in the balls.

Yeah, he never let me forget about that.

"Fuck. You." He grumbled and walked away, leaving me to die of laughter.

When I finally managed to put myself together. I took off to the dance room only to realise I was the last person to enter. Wasn't much of a surprise, obviously.

No one even glanced at me when I opened and closed the door, instead they carried on with whatever the hell they were doing. Alright, so I knew I was always late but they should at least acknowledge me right?

"Diana, c'mmon, not get to your partner and lets have this run through done and over with." Lana said.

He takes your hand
I die a little
I watch your eyes
And I'm in riddles
Why can't you look at me like that?

The song started.

Jeremy caught my hands in his and twirled me around then continued slow dancing. While Maddison, Mason, Stephen and Lana did the same.

Then came the next verse

When you walk by
I try to say it
But then I freeze
And never do it
My tongue gets tied
The words get trapped

I hear the beat of my heart getting louder
Whenever I'm near you

This was when I start doing pirouettes and walk by Jeremy, who sticks to his position pretending to be hurt while I do my own little dance. I find my self back in his arms only to move away again and taking the chorus positions.

But I see you with him
Slow dancing
Tearing me apart
'Cause you don't see
Whenever you kiss him
I'm breaking,
Oh how I wish that was me

The chorus plays, we all get into the hip hop move and fall and break dance getting back up to show the feeling of his heart breaking. I portrayed it better than Jer. But thats because I knew how it felt.

Then I lost myself in the dance and didn't worry about anything anymore.

We all were sweaty and tired when we all retreated to the locker rooms to change and shower. I had to shower or else Mason wouldn't drive me home, and I was tooo damn lazy to walk.

I took a shower, pouting my way into it.

Showers were such a waste of time don't even get me started..

Once I was ready, I met Jeremy Mason and Maddison by my locker. They all were clean and for a change I was too.

I shot Jeremy a confused look. He was supposed to be with Lisa all day after practice..

"Why are you still here?" I asked.

"Well.. you would have-" I cut him off before he could start rambling again.

"Go." I said in my listen-to-me-or-die voice.

He looked shocked, but nodded and walked away.

"Damn girl. You're good." Maddison commented, approvingly.

I smiled and stuck my tongue out at Mason who was still in a baby mood.

By that I meant he was pouting.

"Okay so, I'm gonna go find Andrew. I guess you two are leaving too." Mads said.

The both of us nodded and we took of towards the exit.

"Hey! I'm not taking you home," Mason protested.

"Wha-why?" I asked,

"Well, you did laugh at me earlier today.." He said.

"Shit." Today wasn't a good day for that,

Before I could say something else, he playfully shoved me into someones locker.

"MASON!" I glared at him.

When he saw the look I gave him, he took of running, but I did too. And as I got hold of his shirt, someone pulled me back and smacked me upside my head!

"Woah, tom and jerry. I appreciate you'll not showing your true colours on school grounds!" Andrew said, giving us disapproving looks.

We all cracked up at him trying to sound serious.

Tom and Jerry was mine and Masons pet name in the group. We couldn't stop annoying each other. And always got into stupid fights and constantly played pranks.

Ahh the good times.

I chuckled.

Mason's eyes met mine and we shared an understanding. Since Andrew was holding Mason and Maddison was holding me, we both pushed them and ran off to Masons car.

I only looked back once to see Madds and Andrew on the floor, with Maddison giving me the ultimate death glare.

As I seated in Masons car, he started it without waiting.

"We're screwed!" I gulped. Still remembering Maddison's face..

"When are we not?" He asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

He looked so funny that I burst out laughing. He did too.

________________________________________________________________________

Heyyy, So, I hope this chapter wasn't too boring. I'm sorry if it was and ill try better next time!

Keep voting and commenting<3

Tell me what you liked this most in this chapter?

Oh and, when I said I'm here to listen I wasn't lying. So you can Personal Message me anytime you want. I won't judge. Ill listen if you want me to and give advice but only if you want it.

LOVE YOU MY CRAZY READERS:*