Chapter 35:

“Lily! For the last time, we’re all fine! You really don’t need to keep calling to check up on us every 45-60 minutes!” Mason groaned into the phone.

We all were laughing at the poor guy’s misery. After the attack or whatever you’d call it, we all were pretty shaken up so called it a day and decided to hang out here, I know I know, that’s probably the most foolish idea since we were attacked in the very house, but no one wanted to leave me here and their parents were okay, plus we had two cops guarding the house, so I was well, relived.

It was so funny and annoying, because Lily called one of us every 45-60 minutes. And we all gave the same response.

“Mom, we are fine! If someone gets shot, you’ll be able to hear it!” Ashton shouted, towards the phone.

Mason covered the phone with one hand and answered Ashton, “she says you’re her only child, and she has all the rights to be terrified, so shutup or she’ll drag your ass to her house.”

“Damn the mad women.” Ashton grumbled.

“Damn the m-” Mason started but Ashton cut him off by throwing a pillow at him. “Dafaq is wrong with you bro? why would you say that to her?” Ashton asked.

“Well….” Mason replied, giving a sheepish smile.

“Okay boys, who wants something to eat?” I asked, getting up from my position on the floor.

All of them shot up from their positions including Maddison and Lisa.

“Pizza parlor?”

“Yes of course, you know us so well.” Jeremy replied.

“Oh, I was getting up to leave, I thought she was cooking.” Andy added, from the back.

I glared at him, knowing that he couldn’t see me since I was so short and he was behind a few guys but whatever.

Ashton burst out laughing, “If that was the case then we’d be out of the door by now.”

Since Ashton was already standing before him, I slapped him on his stomach.

“Ouch!” he groaned.

Maddison went and patted his back, “Well bro, you were in the hitting distance when you insulted her, haven’t we all learned that if you wanna insult Diana, stay at least further than her hand can extend?”

“I forgot.” Ashton mumbled.

I glared at Maddison this time. I swear these people can start talking about me anywhere, anytime, any moment. Its like they always have something or the other to say about me. How? Well yeah, I do stupid things but that’s not the point. And the nagging feeling is back again, like something is yet about to happen. There is so much happening in life that I can’t even-

“ANNA! YOU COMING?” Ashton called out, wait what? They were already out?

I quickly grabbed my bag with my wallet, phone and diary, then ran out of the house making sure to lock the door.

“Where’s everyone?” I asked, getting down and walking towards Ashton’s car.

“They all left because you were taking so long. Lisa and Jermy left together, so did Madds and Andrew, Mason wanted to change because he had dropped milkshake on his T-shirt so he will stop on the way and change, also, Andy went along with him saying he dint wanna disturb us? That part; I didn’t understand.” Ashton explained.

Soon we were in his car, driving towards the parlor, it was a 30 minutes drive so I took that time to write in the diary Jeremy had given me, smiling when I remembered his words.