Chapter 4:

"Okay children, gather up! You're gonna get exactly 2 hours for packing up all your stuff, for the camping trip, yes, we're going to camp. There's an echo point around 30 minutes away from here. Its already 7pm, so we'll leave sharp at 9. We'll cook our own food there, and you all will set up your tents. They are all big enough for the 6 of ya'll, and I don't want any naughty stuff going around okay? And boys, we're going to camp in the jungle, so its your responsibility to take care of all the girls. Understand? Good. Now get going! A tent is already in each of your rooms; pack up other stuff in small haversacks or bags that you've carried. Don't forget flashlights and a pair of clothes for the next day and other supplies. We'll take care of the food. Meet me back here at sharp 9. Oh, and one more thing- wear sneakers, no slippers! We might hike and there's a lot to walk and a bunch of other activities for next morning. Now go, disperse. If you're late, you're left behind."

Camping trip? Wow. Love camps!

"Excited?" Madds asked, poking me with her elbow.

I just laughed and nodded, "You know it"

"What the fuck is he doing going around with Mel?" Andrew asked, coming out of literally nowhere.

"Drew, shhh. And, he likes Mel; he thinks she's the one." I half whispered.

Andrew and Mel widened their eyes in surprise. Of course, they were rooting for Ashton and I to end up together, in fact everyone from our gang were. Even though only Madds and Andrew knew about my secret crush on him. We were always together, Ashton and I. We did everything together, he would never forget me. I was always his first priority, until now...

"Don't tell me he's forgetting you now? I mean, you two have always stuck with each other, almost as if someone has glued you guys together! Now, I hardly see him with you." Andrew commented, and I just nodded.

"Oh Anns, we're so sorry. Why don't you confess to him?" Maddison asked.

My eyes shot up. "No" I simply said.

"But Anns, what are you doing with Ashton in that group? I mean, we didn't really worry about you because we know, as long as you're with Ashton, you are safe and sound. Although that just doesn't seem so anymore," Andrew said, looking at me with concern.

"I have Jeremy. He's amazing. He's there for me, even though just two days have passed, he has managed to make me feel good about myself. And every time Ashton ignores me, Jer seems to be there to lighten up my mood. Trust me, there's nothing for you two to worry about. Now go! Have fun. Or I'll kick your crazy butts." I said shoving them ahead.

They laughed, "That's our girl" yelled Andrew before joining his group.

A hand wrapped around my waist, and another around my eyes.

"Guess who?" He whispered.

I giggled. "Jeremy?"

Suddenly the hands around me dropped. Confused, I spun around, only to face Ashton. Wait what? Ashton? I knew the hold did seem like Ashton's but the voice was definitely Jer's. No matter what, I knew Ashton's voice better than my own. So, it was not him who spoke.

I looked past Ashton and saw Jeremy there, shyly smiling. He held his hands up when he saw me, and pointed towards Ashton, 'it wasn't me- he asked me to do it.'

I nodded and looked back at Ashton.

Boy, was he mad?

"So, you recognize his voice already? And to answer your question, it was Ashton, although you were expecting it to be Jeremy." Ashton said, angrily.

"Ashton, wait. What has gotten into you? You know I would recognize your voice from anywhere in this world. But, it wasn't you was it? It was Jer."