Zay

"You alright?" I asked following Tasia to her car after LeLe's bullshit. She looked back and smiled.

"I promise I've dealt with worst, I'm not moved by that bullshit." Tasia scoffed.

"Excuse me then," I laughed. "I don't mean to get in your business, but it seems to me like you're always picking the wrong type of dude."

Anastasia sighed as we approached her car, "I could say the same for you. How have you been? I wanted to say something that night since you seem to always come through for me, but... You know how that goes."

"Yeah," I replied swiping my nose with my thumb. I was tired of people bringing up the Porsha situation already. "I'm cool though. You know you think you know someone and they do some fuck shit and prove otherwise. What can you do?"

"Right, trust me, I understand completely." Anastasia sighed with tears building up in her eyes.

"Hey," I sighed pulling her into a hug. I couldn't miss the scent that clung to me upon releasing her.

"I'm sorry, it's my damn hormones! I'm just so tired ya know. It's like I can never get this shit right! I'm not even tripping off of Mike, I just have my own personal shit going on." Anastasia cried in my chest.

"It only breaks you if you let it. You can't let the bullshit break you Tasia, fuck it! I understand how you feel, shit look at my situation."

Tasia chuckled, "You remind me of an old man. It's hard to believe how young you really are."

"Age ain't got nothing to do with it. Anybody can drop a jewel. Even the drunk nigga on the corner will tell you something good. Whether you listen or not it's up to you."

"It's not good to take everyone's advice Zay."

"You're right. But if I'm telling you something good, you don't have to do exactly what I say, but flip it somehow to match your situation."

She smirked.

"What you keep smiling at?" I asked.

"Because, a minute ago you and I couldn't stand one another... Look at us now."

"Nah, I was too real for you, and your ass was too rude for me."

"Yeah, sorry about that. After putting up with a man's shit for so long a woman can become bitter and not even notice it. I guess that's me now, bitter Betty." Tasia chuckled as I opened her car door. The fresh scent of strawberries smacked me in the face.

"It's cool," I shrugged. Before I could say anything else gunshots rang out causing me to close her door and pull out my own pistol.

Looking behind me I saw pure chaos as everyone ran to wherever they thought was a safe place. This wasn't shit I wasn't used to. Looking back at Anastasia I saw a look of panic wash over her.

"Go!" I yelled over my shoulder before running back towards where we left. I didn't give a fuck what was going on, I wasn't leaving without Josh.

Pushing through the crowd, I ran looking around in panic. It was too many people moving at once for me to really see anything.

"What the fuck?!" I yelled out slowing down with the gun in my hand. Time just about stood still as I saw my nigga laid out on the ground.

My heartbeat thumped up against my chest as I approached Josh. I didn't know if he was dead or alive and I was almost afraid to find out. Running up beside him I drug him out the way so we wouldn't get trampled.

"Come on dude, wake up!" I yelled out smacking Josh's face and checking for wounds. I saw three dime sized holes and his shirt and my heart sink.

Pressing a finger to his neck I found a faint pulse before pulling out my phone and calling for help.