Josh

"First thing first, we're going to run a few tests and make sure everything is good with you. When the results are in we'll go from there." My mom's doctor stated looking up at me. "Any questions for me so far?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am, if I'm a match why do you have to run more tests? Why can't you guys just do the operation and let that be that?"

Dr. Roshan was just telling me that I was a donor match to give my mom a kidney. While I was thankful for that, all this extra shit had me throwed.

I swear it's always a million and one different things when it comes to these doctors saving a life.

I'm giving my Kidney freely, take the shit and let's get the operation over and done with.

"I wish it was that simple. You see Mr. Bradley, although you are a match, there are still risk factors that we have to be aware of before doing the actual procedure. If there's something we don't catch it can cause more harm than help." Dr. Roshan voiced.

"So basically we can go through with the procedure and she could still die?"

"If we don't do the proper testing, yes sir."

I sighed heavily running my hand across my head. It's already been three damn days and I'm still getting stuck by damn needles every other day.

"Look, just do whatever you need to save her life."

After chatting it up with my mom's doctor I had to go home and blow off some steam. I hadn't smoked in two days because I had to cleanse my system so my tests wouldn't come back sketchy, but this shit was too much. It was like a crazy game of hurry up and fucking wait.

"Babe?" Amelia called out walking into the house. I was laid out in the basement which I turned into a man cave. Luckily I left the door cracked.

"Downstairs!" I yelled back.

The clicking of Amelia's heels created a echo as she climbed down the stairs. I sat up and ashed my blunt once she finally made it down.

"What's wrong?" She asked wearing a look of concern.

"Shit, the better question is what's right? This shit is stressing me the fuck out man! It seems like the doctor's are just waiting for shit to get worse. I feel like by the time they bust a move my mom will be-"

"Don't do that Joshua, don't speak negative shit into existence!" Amelia scolded.

"I mean... That's exactly how this shit making me feel. What else am I supposed to think?"

"Think positive! What's the point in us doing all that praying if your thoughts are still negative! Prayer is half the work, you also need faith!"

I sighed and scratched my beard. "You're right baby, I'm tripping. God got it. I guess a nigga just scared."

"And that's okay, but what we won't do is give up. You're a match, that's the first step. Now we let them do their jobs and figure out what's next." Amelia sighed taking a seat in my lap. I laid my head against her breast.

"What would I do without you? I swear you keep a nigga sane."

"You'll never have to find out. And I love you too big head!" Amelia joked planting a kiss on my lips.

"Where's Jace?"

"Nana's. My mom is gonna stay with her for a few days and keep him for us. I told her how hectic our schedules are right now and I just didn't wanna keep moving him from pillow to post. Are you okay with that? I meant to run it by you, but you know..."