Chapter 49 - Darkness

The pain from your lower stomach continued to make itself present. You realized that Whitebeard noticed your small whimpers and cries and that only made you try to be more quieter. The problem was that you didn't want to be seen as a weakling. You might be pregnant but you still had your pride.

However, the pain seemed to grow stronger as the minutes passed and you knew that you won't be able to stand anymore. The only option left was to go to the medical bay and see what's wrong. Losing the baby was your worst nightmare as well as losing Ace. You didn't want to lose any one of them. Hoping for the best, you explained the situation to Whitebeard and went to the medical bay. On your way, you tried your best to walk as sneaky as possible so that you won't be spotted by marine and get into an unnecessary fight.

Unfortunately, your stealth skills weren't your best attribute and when a marine spotted you, you grabbed the nearest weapon and attacked the marine. The guy didn't go down easily as both of you were fighting for your lives. Fortunately, you somehow managed to win the fight as you were bearing an insupportable pain. Fearing that you just worsen the situation, you walked as fast as you could towards the medical bay.

Once you were in front of the door, you noticed that things were too quiet for a battlefield. You thought that it was strange for a medical bay to be this empty, after all, this was war; the injured ones had to be treated somewhere and the place that Pops and the others decided was here. You furrowed your brows as you looked around. No sign of anyone.

You held the weapon, that you fought with minutes ago, closer to you as you stepped into the room. No doctor and no patient were to be found. This seemed strange and that only made you worry even more. The pain was sharper and more consistent and you had no doctor to treat you. The sound of the door shutting behind you made you jump and draw your weapon towards the door, thinking that someone was behind you.

You almost let out a sound of relief as you found no one standing behind you. But those few seconds of peace were over once a hand covered your mouth and held you tight so that you won't run. You struggled your way out of that person's arms. The man let out a cry as you bit one of his fingers and stepped on his foot. You were surprised to find Squard as your attacker.

"What the hell Squard!" You yelled. He quickly shushed you as he pointed at the door. You noticed that there were some shadows lurking around the door. You shut up immediately and drew your weapon once again towards the door. Minutes later, the shadow disappeared and you let out a sigh of relief. You turned towards Squard, who was sitting at the moment on the ground. "What are you doing here?" You asked as you walked towards him. "Pops was asking about you. Didn't you hear the orders?" You finished.

"Oh, I did." Squard said as he stood up. You found his answer very strange, even for Squard. "So... where's everyone?" You asked. Squard took a step closer to you and then he replied. "They changed the medical's bay location due to the fact that the marines found this place." Your eyes widened. "How did they found this place?! This was the most secure area! There's no way they would've found this place unless someone betrayed us and worked with them." You said. "And why didn't any one of you reported the issue to Pops?! You know how important this is right? The people that are at the bay right now do not know this information!" You yelled. "Report it to Whitebeard, huh? Sorry, no can do. After all, Whitebeard is the one that sold us off. Why should we help those who are not even going to die?"

You took a step backwards. You started to understand the situation. Squard betrayed Pops, but why was that? You furrowed your brows and drew your weapon at Squard. "What did you do, Squard?" You asked. He only chuckled and walked closer to you. "Squard, you do not know who you are up against." He only laughed at your comment. "You? You might be that brat's girlfriend but you're not as powerful as you think you are. After all, you do not have that idiot to protect you anymore." Your blood was starting to boil as you heard how Squard was talking about Ace. What in the world happened? Squard and Ace were good friends.