Chapter 37 - Unexpected

After that, everything was a blur. Marco tried to snap you out of it and so did many of them.

Others just got even more scared as they were staring at you and then back at the sky. Since you were the only one there and listened to their conversation, curiosity grew among them as they thought what could these two legendary pirates could've said that made this poor girl have panic attack.

But your breathing was heavy, it was hard to inhale or exhale. All the memories with Ace were flashing into your mind. His smile, his laugh, his voice, his everything... And then all those memories just stopped. Everything stopped.

Darkness fell over you as you felt your legs go numb. You could only hear the shouts of the others and a strong arms grabbing right before you could fall on the ground.

You hated this feeling. It made you feel weak, hopeless... But most importantly, it made you feel guilty.

You shouldn't have let Ace go on his own. You knew this was bad... You just knew it. After all, you got the same feeling as that night.

------------------

A week later, the weather was nice and beautiful for the Grand Line.

After Shanks left the ship, everyone ran towards their captain, explaining what happened to you and asking him what happened between him and Red Hair.

You actually didn't woke up after that panic attack. Everyone was worried. Even the doctor was surprised by the symptoms you had. Usually you can get high fever after a big panic attack but it eventually goes down. In your case, the fever never went down. What surprised the doctor even more is that it was already a week since you had that panic attack and you didn't woke up at all.

It was like you refused to wake up.

Marco walked passed the door of your room. He sighed and walked into your room. He looked around and smiled. Ace's stuff were still at their place as they were before. (As you remember *or not* you share the room with Ace)

He knew, somehow, deep inside, that that panic attack had to do something with Ace. Something must have gone wrong, he just knew it. He knew that you were stronger than this. He knew that you needed a very good reason to get broken like this.

Your mind fighting with your body at this point. Your mind just told you to continue fighting and believe in Ace while your body was just tired. Tired of everything and everyone.

But despite all of that, you opened your eyes. The room was dark, and you saw a silhouette of a man standing next to your bed... Ace's bed.
"(N-name)?" The voice called out.

Your eyes adjusted to the light and now you could see the person more clearly. It was Marco. You tried to stand up but you were pushed back on your back by him.

"You have high fever. You shouldn't stand up." He spoke as he adjusted the blanket on you. "I'll go get the doctor."
"Wait." You said as you grabbed on his shirt. "Are there any news on Ace?" You asked almost hesitantly.

"Not yet." He answered. "Why? (Name), what happened?" He asked as he grabbed your hand.

"He... Nothing." You decided that there's no point on worrying him aswell. Of course, Marco saw you through and refused to accept that answer. But even so, he decided that this was no time to force you to answer questions.

He quietly left the door and went to find the doctor.

You stood quietly in your room and stared at the ceiling. You didn't know what to do at this point. You knew that if the fight goes wrong... Ace's life would be in danger.

As you were waiting, the door opened. The doctor walked in the door and placed his file on the desk.

"Well, (Name), that was quite a panic attack." He said. You just looked at his and didn't say a word.

"I've been informed by pops about what actually was the conversation about. I know this is hard for you (Name), but you got to pull yourself together. We're all pirates here. This is the life we all chose." He said.

His words hit you like a sharp knife. You knew that... But still you refused to accept it.

"Stress isn't good during this first months, you should know that. I ran some blood tests while you were unconscious. I would've administrated a cure right away but unfortunately it contained herbs that aren't really good for you during this delicate time." He said as he was looking through the files.

You furrowed your eyes. You didn't understand what he said.

"But no worries, the both of you are fine. Just rest and you'll be back on your feet in no time." He continued.

Your eyes widened as he smiled at you. It can't be...

"W-what?" You asked shakily.

"Hmm? Oh... I thought you may not know this. (Name), you're one week pregnant." He answered.

You felt tears forming and falling down your cheek. You couldn't... You couldn't be pregnant now! You can't...

"There has to be some kind of mistake." You said.

The doctor sighed and stood up from the chair.

"I haven't told anybody because I knew this wasn't my problem. Not even pops. We'll be arriving at the next island in a few more days. If you want I can-"

"No! Of course not! The baby has no fault into all of this." You yelled.

"I was just saying. It's your body after all."

"He doesn't even know..." You said as you placed your head in your hands.

The situation is worst than ever.

Don't kill me!

I know, that you're probably really confused or more depressed but hey! I know what I'm doing.

I know the previous pregnancy I wrote sucked but hey, this time I'm not f*ckin around. I'm not going to skip like half of the pregnancy and then make you run around at 9 months at the Marineford and make you give birth during Ace's death. LOL wtf am I thinking.