Chapter 29 - The Impossible

Ace stood frozen as he was watching you being dragged away. What was his next move going to be?

You were dragged into all of this because of him. But he didn't care anymore about that.

You can call him selfish but, once in his lifetime, he wanted something only for himself. This feeling he gets when he's near you, he wanted to have it for the rest of his life.

He can't even think straight when he sees you next to man other than himself. Call him a possessive bastard, he didn't care.

He was afraid of losing you, he would do anything at this point just to see you smile. But now... He realizes that all this selfishness of his, dragged you into your biggest fear, and now, he isn't even by your side so he can help you out.

This was all his idea but he never would've imagined that they would make you talk to your father.

He needed to do something, anything at this point. He needed to save you.

You weren't sure what to do at this point. You watched as Ace's body became smaller and smaller as you were dragged away from him.

You didn't want this to happen so soon. You weren't ready for him.

F*CK HEROINE SHIKKAKU! (just putting this up here)

This was all just a dream... Right?

Nothing like this ever happened, right? This was just your twisted mind who was trying to play a trick on you.

As your hope began to fade little by little, you got startled by a sudden roar. Your eyes widen as you saw Ace standing up and running towards you.

How did he escaped? Weren't the chains made out of seastone?

The marine, who was holding you, stopped all the sudden, as if he got scared himself of what was happening in front of him.

Ace took the chance and grabbed your hand. Once you were in his arms, he took a deep breath before shouting: "HIKEN!" His fist turned into fire and everything got on fire.

Once the two of you managed to escape, Ace finally placed you on the ground carefully as if you were made out of china.

"You're okay?" He asked as he grabbed your hand. You nod as a reply.

"But how did you managed to escape? Weren't the handcuffs and the chains made out of seastone?" You asked confused.

"The composition of the chains themselves didn't have much seastone in them but I still couldn't do much with my devil fruit power. Despite all of that, I still managed to use just a little bit of my power to melt the chains just enough for me to manage to rip them off." He grinned at his accomplishment.

You were proud of him. Despite everything, these news troubled you. This will definitely reach the marines ears and when they do...

No one ever heard of a pirate to escape from seastone chains and yet, here you were, standing next to the man that just accomplished that.

"It was because of you, you know?" He suddenly said.

"Huh?"

"When I saw you being dragged away from me, I just... I don't know. It's like I was invincible. All I wanted was for you to be safe but in the end..." He looked at his feet. He knew that he made a mistake and now, he's afraid to lose you again.

You started to giggle and then hugged him. That took him by surprise but he hugged you back.

"Well, I guess that all those stories are true." You smiled.