Chapter 21 |Comforting the Upset Shikamaru|

*Recap:

Right at the ash of Asuma's cigarette fell, his whole cigarette fell out of his mouth and rain started to fall.

That was when I knew,

Asuma had past.

"SENSEIIIIII!!!!!!" Ino cried out, sobbing on his chest.

Raidō placed his cloak over Asuma.

"It was an end worthy of a shinobi." Raidō bowed his head down in respects.

Shikamaru stood up, making me turn to look at him. He walked over to the edge.

I heard him starting to sob and I immediately stood up and walked over to him.

Standing behind him, wrapping my arms around his waist, resting my forehead on his back as my tears landed on his back.

"..I...Still hate...Those damn Cigarettes..."

"..I can still feel....his Smoke in my eyes..."

I tightened my hold as I felt him tremble a bit.

"..Me too Shika..me too..."

End of Recap*

(Back at the Village)

Tsunade rested her elbow on the desk while her head was in the palm of her hand as Koko and Izzy reported their mission.

"..I see." Tsunade spoke.

"Uhh. Ma'am? What about Kurenai?" Koko asked.

Tsunade raised her head and took a long deep breath and released it, opening her eyes.

"Notify everyone else regarding the funeral services. I will inform Kurenai-"

"No." Shikamaru injected, making Tsunade widen her eyes.

"I'll do it."

"I'd like to tell her myself.....I have a message for her from Captain Asuma." Shikamaru Proclaimed, not wavering one bit, which made me a bit concerned how emotionless he's taking this.

"Very well. Dismissed." Tsunade shook her head slightly.

We all walked out, closing the door behind us.

Koko patted Shikamaru's back before leaving with Izzy.

I turned to Shikamaru, placing my hand on his shoulder.

"I gotta see if Akira is back or not and discuss some things, Okay?" I said softly as I tipped toed up to kiss his cheek.

Right as I turned to leave, Shikamaru grabbed my wrist.

"Can you..." Shikamaru started.

I smiled sadly as I raised my other hand to caress his cheek, rubbing it with my thumb lightly.

"Do you want me to go with you?" I questioned.

"Please." Shikamaru merely said as he leaned his head on my shoulder.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as he pulled me closer.

I pulled away, making him lift his head and I grabbed his hand, squeezing it for reassurance.

"Let's go."

~~~~

"..Do you want me to knock or-"