Prologue

"-to alert all civilians in the Lockwood area. Still following the news from this morning, the escapee from the Wayfair Mental Institute is still at large and labeled as extremely dangerous. If you happen to come across him, please keep your distance and contact your local author-" The news anchor calmly went over the report without stuttering a single word before Cassidy cut off her TV.

"Whatever," she muttered. She sighed as she ran her hands through her short brown hair, walking over to her nightstand. Her mom had brought her a newspaper but she never got around to looking at it. On the front page, of course, was a photo of the man who had escaped the institute. She rolled her eyes and threw it into the trashcan.

If he's so dangerous, how did he get to the doors to get out in the first place? She plopped down on her bed and buried her face into her pillow, the cool air coming through her open window sending a chill up her spine. With another sigh she closed her deep blue eyes.

It'll all be better in the morning... The guy will be caught and sent back to where he belongs, and we won't hear anymore about it. She repeated that thought over and over in her head, almost like hypnotizing herself to believe it. This small town never has bad things happen. There must be something going on here, something strange. And it was just that; strange.

________________
Author's Note: This story was started back when I was 16. I'll be keeping most of what was originally written with a few minor edits here and there for a more clean presentation.

A few clichés and generic characters but what can you expect from 2015 😜
Hope you're ready for a bumpy ride!
RoseDarkWolf