Chapter 6- The Forbidden Prince

As Fredrick and Fletcher paced behind the goblin, Professor Gragenput stayed behind. He lied down on the large, plump sofa that was hidden under the shadows at the corner of the room.

'I really need to make a better potion for myself,' he sighed-- feeling disappointed at himself.

On the other hand, Fredrick and Fletcher made their way to the second floor and walked into a maze-like corridor full of doors which were standing closely beside each other. 

After 6 minutes of turns and twists, the goblin stopped in front of a red door with a cursive handwriting carved on it.

Mr. Thomas Parvin

'Three-six,' the goblin paused for a while and continued , 'two-five-nine .'

'Correct password!'the doorknob replied before opening the door-- revealing a tiny, dim-lit room with deep snores.

Thomas was lying on the bed at the top left-hand corner of the room with a white shirt covering him and bandages around his head. The curtains were closed, and the only light source in the room was a big candle in the middle of the room that towered over them with a thin plate underneath. 

'What's wrong? He's just sleeping,' Fredrick asked while walking over quietly towards Thomas.

'My lord, it's just,' the goblin shook his head and buried his head in his hands.

'He's not  human,' said Fletcher. His arms were crossed with concern spread on his face. 

'What?!' Fredrick swung around to face Fletcher, but clamped his mouth shut when Thomas started to groan.

'I thought we could fix the problem, but i-it just got worse,' the goblin explained. Fear started to accumulate his whole body and he shivered.

'I don't understand,' Fredrick said in disbelief, 'What are you talking about. He looks fairly normal and human to me.'

'Fredrick, try turning him around -- but be careful,' Fletcher warned and went to sit on an invisible high stool at the other side of the room, far enough just in case, but near enough to speculate.

'Thomas..' Fredrick tapped him three times on the shoulder and heard another similar groan.

Thomas turned towards him with his eyes closed and yawned. A pair of long fangs elongated from his teeth as he stretched, popping every inch of his bones--

CRACK CROOK CRACK

--and turned and stretched again multiple times until he sighed satisfyingly. His skin was unbelievably pale which displayed the veins underneath, but his face was more defined and his gold-brown hair was smoother.

 The soft light from the flame on the candle reflected and glowed upon every strand of his hair and complexion.

He sat on the bed and leisurely laid his eyes on the two men who were in the room with him. 

Fredrick stood still by the bed, blinking and gulping.

After a moment of a quick explanation from Fletcher, shock, and screaming, they went outside to get some fresh air and peace.

  Thomas was indeed a vampire.   

They were gawking at the rare view before them as they strolled down the pavement that led to a magnificent view of  large  trees which had leaves the size of an average adult-human head with the color of rose. 

  A few of them were talking to each other with excited voices, while others --gigantic and without leaves-- stood still. Either because they were very old or had been dead for years.