Chapter 4: What A Wand Can Do

'Faeries?' Fredrick asked dumbly.

     'Well, yes. Why are you talking like a human who had never seen faeries?' the doorknob laughed again which soon faded. 'Oh my. Here they come.'

    Fredrick rose his eyebrows questioningly. 

   A moment later, the door opened revealing two, pale unrecognizable faces which had their eyes directly on his.  On the left was a tall middle-aged man who had on a black cloak, long enough it reached the floor. His pupils were a color of light brown, the same color of his neatly-cut hair. His hands were covered with a pair of black gloves.

   Whereas  on the right was a beautiful lady with big, crystal blue eyes which captivated him in a trance. A ray of light radiated on her  dark green hair which waved elegantly all the way to her hips. She was wearing a white dress that lightly fell above her knees. 

   Behind them was a huge flight of stairs. The building looked like an ancient castle, though the style was rich and classy. A diamond chandelier with unlighted candles trailed gracefully from the ceiling to the centre of the hall. There were many people walking around and about in the background. The sounds of their footsteps pronounced in his ears. 

    'Number 543, room 2930,' A lazy voice rang and dragged through the hall. Fredrick was sure he heard a yawn too.

   The lady with the dark green hair observed his face for a good ten seconds and pursed her lips into a thin line. She whispered to the man beside her and left before giving him one last look. Her sandals clicked against the porcelain marble tiled floor.

     Fredrick was unsure what that look truly meant.

    'I am Fletcher the Great. Follow me,' The man cleared his throat and walked off.

   'Wait, I'm looking for my companion. His name is Thomas.'

   'Ahh yes. Thomas,' He smiled, 'You'll see him soon,' His grin grew wider.

   'Right..'  Fredrick muttered and trailed off behind him as he strode across the hall. He could barely kept up with Fletcher. Needles started to pierce against his skin just at the bottom of his feet with each step that he took on the cold marble floor. 

   Some people turned to look at him ,oddly, perhaps because of his lack of shoes?

   'Where are we going?'

   He could not help but noticed that they were wearing cloaks of different colors and some had on pointy boots.

  'Somewhere important.'

  Fletcher turned his head at him and brought him to a less crowded space. He pulled a thin, short wooden stick from the sleeve of his robe.

'Ahh. Before that, let's have you dressed properly.'

 He flicked the tip of the stick onto Fredrick's forehead while chanting, 'Sliss Aprea,'

Fredrick's eyes averted to his body in disbelief as his arms hung carelessly in the air. Fletcher placed his wand back into his sleeve.

 A smooth piece of long-sleeved garment enveloped his torso with a pair of brown pants for his legs, and a thick, heavy boot for his feet. 

 The robe that he had on earlier vanished into dusts right before him.

'How did you do that? Fredrick whispered quietly.

'I'm a wizard, Fredrick. What did you expect?' Fletcher smiled at his astounded expression.