A Battle Won, A Battle Lost~Chapter;28

[Levin's P.O.V]

    A silence rippled over the courtyard followed by metal hitting stone. I looked up where everyone else seemed to be looking. Grace and Y/N stood there, holding two people. The metal had been two golden crowns. "Surrender!"Y/N called out. It sounded like she was ready to cry,"We have your Kings, dead. Surrender to live." Grace looked like she was crying as well. Swords of Guards loyal to the Kings fell to the ground in an echo of clatters. Luke's voice rang out over the clearing.

    "May everyone praise the soon-to-be queens, Y/N and Grace!" A cheer echoed over the clearing, I caught Malachi's eye. We both silently left the courtyard/battlefield. Up stairs, and into a throne room. Broken glass and blood littered the floor, Princess Winter was on the floor. Dead.

    "Y/N...."

    "Levin."Y/N turned to face us. She then dropped the body of her father and ran over to me and hugged me, I held her close. I heard Grace's sound of footsteps. Y/N was crying.

     "Shhh."I rubbed her back,"What's wrong?"

     "H-He mig-might ha-have b-been hor-horrible b-but h-he was the on-only f-family I h-had left."She sobbed.

    "Shhh you're okay, it'll all be okay. I'm here for you."

     A battle might have been won today, but a battle was also lost.

~*~*~3 Weeks Later~*~*~

[Y/N's P.O.V] 

    Irene, I hated boats. I had to sail to Tu'La to get things settled. No longer did a Queen and King rule, but a Senate. I was still Head of Senate though. I would need to help pass all new laws, help with treaties, yada, yada, yada. It'd been three weeks exactly since I'd last seen Levin. I'll admit, I missed him. We'd be pulling into dock today. I wanted to ask Levin about what I wanted to do about my name before I did it. I just. . .my current name would become my middle name. I just didn't feel comfortable with my name right now. Maybe I'd start going by it again, maybe I wouldn't. 

      "We're here!"The ship captin called out. I felt my heart soar as I ran over to the ship entrance/exit. The ship had come to a stop and I grabbed the plank that would allow me to walk from the boat to the dock. I pushed it so one end was on the dock and I walked down. Levin was there grinning.

     "Hey Y/N! I have something to ask you."He was smiling but seemed slightly tense.

    "I have something to ask you."I replied. "Will we see Grace an-"

    "We'll see them later."Levin grabbed my hand,"Follow me." We walked from the docks, across the village, to the Irene Statue. We sat on the edge of the stone ring that surrounded it. "You first Y/N."

    "Okay. . . ."I took a deep breath. "I might change my name to Kyra. "

    "That's beautiful Kyra."Levin didn't miss a beat.

    I grinned,"Okay Levin. What do you need to tell me?"

    "It's more of a question Kyra."Levin got down on one knee. My hand covered my mouth. "Will you marry me?"

     "Yes!"I threw my arms around him,"Of course yes!"

~*~*~

The last three chapters of this book

(Chapters 28,29, and 30)

will include sneak peeks to the sequel book.

~Phoenix

Sneak Peek #1