"Are your parents together?" I asked him.

"Yup. They're married actually and are going on 23 years together. Their type of relationship is what I really can't wait to have. They did it the old traditional way, and got married then had kids and a house and all that. They really support each other and work as a team instead of there being a 'leader'. They really love and support each other and till this day, I know that a day doesn't go by that my dad doesn't tell my mom that he loves her. That's how I'm trying to be later on in life." Dre said. Shit, that sounds perfect.

"Your parents sound so nice. What about your siblings?" I asked. I feel like as if I'm asking to many questions about his personal life but he doesn't seem to be caring.

"I'm real close to my siblings. I'm the first born then I got 3 little sisters and a little brother. After me, there is my sister Candace who is 19, then my sister Nicky who is 16, then my baby sister Lisa who is 13, and my baby brother Zack who is 8." He said.

"Wow. I mean I have siblings but damn! You're house is full. You still close even though you moved out 3 years ago?" I asked.

"Hell yeah. I talk to them everyday and we have a group chat so we're always talking about something. I'm really a sucker for my lil sisters so when they come to me for something, I pretty much always say yes. That pisses my parents off but I can't help it. They all got these hazel eyes that you literally can't say no to. I'm butter when it comes to them. My lil brother already gets all he wants so he don't be asking for anything." Dre said. I laughed at him being gullible. It's cute.

"You're very family oriented. I wouldn't have expected that from you if you didn't tell me."

"Well it's a good thing I did tell you. I don't like to talk about my personal life to just anybody. I like my life to stay private cause there be some crazy people out here."

"I feel you." I nodded.

We continued to watch movies and eat snacks until Dre fell asleep on me. Usually I'm the one who falls asleep first, but not today.

My phone started ringing and I grabbed it off of the table. I answered the phone quickly when I saw Avery's name on the screen.

"Avery!" I said, excited to finally hear his voice.

"Hey Lori. I'm sorry that I'm just calling you but nobody told me what happened. I'm sorry for your lose. You good?" He asked.

"I'm fine. I'm getting there, day by day. I miss you man. When are you coming home?" I asked.

"End of the school year. I've got plans for spring break so I'm not coming home for that week."

"The hell? You made plans without me? Fake as fuck!" I joked.

"You trying to third wheel with me and my girl? I'm going to meet her family." He told me.

"Wow, that's great and no, I don't want to third wheel. I'll stay my ass at home." I chuckled. "You gonna bring her up here and introduce to the fam soon?" I asked.

"I plan to but maybe during the summer. Things must be pretty crazy over there so I'll just chill and hold off on bringing her." He said. I nodded like as if he was right in front of me. "So is Rodney being there for you?" He asked.

"Yeah, as much as possible. He went back to school but he was here for a good week. Homeboy still found a way to piss me the hell off." I complained. I'm still hot over that conversation we had earlier.

"What happened?"

"So tell me how this nigga is going to ask me to meet up with his baby momma so that we can talk. I'm like, talk about what? We have nothing to talk about especially now that I'm not having his baby anymore. His baby momma has never been more irreverent to my life." I ranted.

"I don't understand why he wants you to do that shit. Y'all ain't even together so his life shouldn't concern yours. You don't owe him anything."

I stayed quiet after he said that because I can't agree with him.

"Why you quiet?" He asked.

"Me and Rodney are back together Avery." I mumbled.

"What the fuck? Why you go back to that nigga after the shit y'all have went through?" He raised his voice.

"Because we broke up for a dumb reason anyways and I've forgiven him for cheating already. We both missed each other and he poured his heart out to me. It kind of just happened." I sighed.

"Y'all can't be doing this back and forth shit Loriana. I honestly don't believe the guy is gonna change. You keep going back to the same dude who fucks you over when there are a whole bunch of GENTLEMEN who will actually do you right. I don't want to see you sell yourself short." He said and when he said that, my eyes rolled all the way back.

"Everybody keeps saying that I'm 'selling myself short' every time the topic of me and Rodney comes up. Like y'all don't know the Rodney I do. He was really sweet and caring when we first met and started getting close." I said.

"You're saying he WAS. As in past tense Loriana. A guy will do whatever he got to do to get a girl, then once he has her, he gets to feeling like as if he can't loose her so does dumb shit. I'm not saying everything is Rodney's fault cause you were dumb as shit when you found out you were pregnant, and that break up was all your damn fault. I'm saying that if Rodney is gonna cheat on you once or twice, he'll do it again, and it's suspect as fuck that his BM is living there now and he wants you to be friends with her." Avery said, giving me an earful but I'm taking everything in.

"Avery, I just don't want to look dumb if I break up with him cause if shit other people are telling me. That's barely giving him another chance. I can't blindside him."

"I'm not saying break up with him. I'm just saying be careful and don't be surprised if he fucks up again of y'all relationship becomes toxic. If anything happens, I got your back and I'm just a plane flight away." He assured me.

"Ok Avery. Thanks for calling. Love you." I said.

"Love you too. Stay safe homie." He said then hung up.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND I HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT DAY WITH YOUR FAMILIES!