TWENTY-FIVE.

I finally saw her.

I finally stood face to face with the girl that I fell in love with years ago. It seemed so surreal. Lianna Evans. She looked exactly the way she looked before she left.

Beautiful.

"Lacey..." she started, her soft voice catching me out of my trance. My stomach flipped at the rasp that laced her words, something that I loved about her so much back then. Her eyes traveled between Lacey and myself, the most confused look I've ever seen on anyone in my life. Before I knew it, tears raced down her face dropping instantly from her chin. "I..I don't understand. Why...how... what's going on?"

Lacey quickly glanced at me then averted her gaze to the ground. She fiddled her thumbs for a few long seconds before sighing and shaking her head. She opened her mouth to speak but not a single word came out. So I took the liberty of breaking the silence.

"Lacey brought me here." I spoke softly. My eyes were fixated on Lianna's face the entire time. I had no intentions on looking anywhere else. Her presence seemed so foreign.

"But why?" Her thin eyebrows furrowed as her voice cracked. More tears left her eyes as she turned her attention to her younger sister. "Lace how in the world do you even know Justin?"

Lacey finally looked up. "I-It's a long story. There's just...just so much has happened this summer. I have a lot to explain."

"No, I do." I cut in.

Lianna stepped aside, clear that she wanted us to come in. Lacey headed in first with me following close behind.

"Lace, do you mind if I talked to Justin in private first?" Lianna asked quietly.

She bowed her head, looking down into her lap and shook it slowly.

My heart tightened for a second seeing Lacey like this. I really never meant to hurt her at all. None of this was supposed to happen this way. I knew karma would inevitably bite me in the ass sooner or later.

I followed Lianna up a set of stairs and into a master sized bedroom. This must be her room. I observed it briefly. Smiling a little at the lilac color scheme. I remember her telling me one time that that was her favorite color. Her dresser and vanity mirror was scattered with pictures of her and a little brown haired boy.

Mason.

I studied the pictures a little longer than I should have.

He does look like me.

I couldn't help the water from rising in my eyes seeing my little boy. Even though it wasn't physically--- yet, I still felt so connected to him.

"His name is Mason." Lianna's soft voice sounded. I sniffled quietly and discreetly swiped my thumb under my eye before I turned to face her. She made no attempt to dry her face like I did. Her tears continued to dance down her rosy cheeks. "Mason Drew."

My heart jumped inside after hearing that my boy shared the same middle name as I. It also made me appreciate Lianna a lot more for not completely forgetting who I was and who Mason's dad was. "He's beautiful." I finally said. My own voice sounding different in my ears.

"Yes, I know." Lianna nodded. She made her way around her bed to step closer to me, the space between us tightening rather quickly.  There was still a good foot left between us though. Her green eyes rimmed red as she looked up at me. "Justin I'm so sorry." Was all she said.

"It's okay." I forced out, feeling myself choke up slightly.

"It's not." She retorted, shaking her blond ponytail. "I shouldn't have left  the way that I did. Especially without telling you where I was and why I left. I'm just... honestly sorry. I was just so afraid. Afraid that you wouldn't want...Mason. Afraid of Daniel. Just... everything. I had to go."