Chapter 17: Now

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Natasha's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~

The floor boards creak as I walk through the halls of the apartment building. It was vacant... There was only one door from which light was coming from. I slowly walk closer to it, engravings cover the door frame, some kind of ancient language I suppose.

"Guys, in here," I say.

They stop searching other rooms and follow my direction. I give a hard knock on the door hoping it doesn't break. "Creeeak" the door opens. It was unlocked.

"I've been waiting for you," says a man in a red cape.  He was sitting at a desk with his back to us. The lights were dim, papers and books were thrown everywhere. He had Dark hair, light friendly eyes, a mischievous sort of look like he knows exactly what's to happen. The cape gives it away, though This must be him.

"Well you could have come a little faster it is the end of the world as we know it," he springs out of his old office chair looking in the antic mirror next to him and turns to us.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" He says as if he's known us for years.

"What is your name?" Tony asks. His eyebrows furrowing.

"Ah, you see names are very special things, some people may have the same ones but they are oh so different, but mine, mine is Stephan Strange," he smirks at us. There is something about him, I can't put my finger on it...

"Well come on we've got a universe to save!" He proclaims.

We all just stare at him for a second, not sure what to think, we haven't told him anything about the mission and yet he knows, It's almost as if he is excited to fight an evil galactic space monster that may or may not end up as a Suicide mission of sorts.  He storms outside into the cold New Yorkian air.

"I like this guy," Wanda snorts as she looks at him in wonder. Her dark hair blowing as the door swings open. Yes, there must be something about him.

We race outside, into the vast streets, honking horns and traffic lights contain our 5 senses. We venture back to our plane. But what we saw when we got there was a complete shock to us.

Every single super powered person or special agent was there. Their uniforms creating a kaleidoscope of colors. From the Guardians of the Galaxy to Antman. Everyone one was there, in front of this huge shield spacecraft, ready...To fight.

"You all know your mission here, with its flaws,  our objective...., to detain and defeat Thanos!" Fury announces. I imagine he's had a pep talk with every one of them before then, but some of them did still think he was dead.... Well, I guess that's over.

"Now.......... Go avenge," he exclaims and nods at me.

We all climb it to the huge plane, hardly fitting, it's like an army, but not, we are all equals, fighting to save the world... And we will. Steve's the first to enter the plane, but I'm right behind him. I finally feel like the tension between us is broken for now.  I guess I'm happy about that in a way, at least it won't.... Interfere with the battle.

The smell of metal fills the plane, we are all strapped in on the sides in the plane. Blinking red green yellow lights of the control center are faint but visible.

We blast off into the infinity of space. Lights flickering on and off but I can still make out Steve's face, he sits next
Tony. But Tony finds my eyes and smirks, but I just scoff and look away. My seat is right next to the window. I can see earth getting smaller and smaller. All those lives down there most of which don't even know about the peril that the world might just be put in. But we can't think like that. I look around at everyone's faces all filled of worry of pain of fear. We need hope.

"I just want to say, I understand, we are all out of our minds with fear and trying to ignore what happening but....I know we can do this, not only because we are strong and super and all that but because we are a team and no matter what we will be a team, there is no greater power than having something to fight for, that is why heroes win, because we believe in something greater than ourselves. We believe in hope! And that's what is going to pull us through. We will defeat Thanos, and protect our world our home! And we will Avenge it!" I say.

I can't believe those words came out of my mouth, I'm not much of a motivational speaker. I think I got through to them, though.
They smile, maybe hope is what we need, what everyone needs.

"She's right, whatever doubts you have, you need to ignore them and conquer your fear, and we will win," Wanda proclaims. I thankfully nod to her and she nods back.

The plane lands about 4 miles from
Thanos' base. The lights flicker again before powering on completely. The fluorescence of it stings my eyes, while they were comforted by the darkness around. We unbuckle our straps and hook on our oxygen masks and suites. They aren't your normal astronaut suits. Shield came up with something a little more advanced.

Steve walks to the large gate of the aircraft, as he pushes a large button to open the gate and looks at me, and I can almost see him smirk, his eyes shimmer slightly from the moonlight.

All of the Avengers aka everyone, walk up behind him.  All standing looking out into the vast horizon of the cream colored moon. This is my first moonwalk, I suppose that one thing to look forward to. Steve looks at me one last time before his eyes piercing my soul as our eyes meet....

"Avengers! Assemble!" He yells.