Chapter 14: New Time

_;_;_ Cause maybe you're the sun and I'm the moon, and we were never meant to collide... but wouldn't it be spectacular if we did_;_;_

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steve's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Its been a week, a whole week since I've talked to Nat. Every time I see her she always leaves, but I understand.... I just hate it. Sharon has been nice, and friendly but I'll never start something with her, I can't. There isn't a way I could possibly get over Natasha. I just wish.... I wish things were different, but thats how life is right, the guy never gets the girl, and the girl never gets the guy. Like the sun and moon, spinning around each other, but not really around each other.

I look outside the window to the crisp autumn weather.  The battle will begin again I know it, I thought it was finally over with Ultron. But that was a very naive thought, it will never be over. There will always be something, evil doesn't die, but neither does good. But then I see something weird outside....very weird. 

I stand up as quickly as I can and race outside. In the middle of the field is portal? Everyone else has raced outside now too. 

"What is that?" Sam asks, awestricken by the sudden appearance of this.....thing.

"It seams to be a portal," Vision remarks as he throws a shoe inside it and it disappears.

"Captain obvious" Sam mutters under his breath. I smirk at that.

Natasha walks closer to the portal. I can feel her fear showing through her eyes, its the only place she lets her emotions show through. 

"But to where," she asks, mostly to herself, she tilts her head. 

"Its Thanos," Fury announces. "It has to be,"

We all take a few steps back. Then a robot comes flying out of the portal, it has a video on it.

"Hello heroes of Earth' the robot anounces, we all slightly jump at the robotic sounds' as you know I am Thanos, I have made this portal so we can fight on fair ground, it will transport you to a base where we will fight, alone. Why should you believe me you might ask. Well its your best chance, either way I will win, Either way I will destroy the earth, so goodbye for now and just know, the longer you wait, the closer I will be to accomplishing all I want ," Thanos said.

The robot goes back inside the portal, and everyone is quite. but Vision spoke up. 

"We need to, get ready....Now....or it will be too late, we can't delay this any longer, he won't stop coming at us," Tony says. Before anyone could reply Visions face showed disbelief.

"Sir you might wanna see this," Vision said, as he showed fury the tablet.

'Chaos in New York as a New Super Hero, Joins the Fight Against Evil' the news headline read.

"Now who is this guy?" Tony said.

"We have to go, Now, and meet this supposedly new hero, but be aware we don't know what his motives are," Fury said.

"What are they calling him," Natasha asks. My eyes go to hers, and she looks at me. These moments, these moments are the ones I love, where we can just look at each other and just know exactly whats racing through each others heads...maybe when this is all over, change will happen.

"This," Fury said.

And he showed us the tablet, it was a new name. I've heard of him in medical journals but when did he get powers?

"Well let's go get him then," Natasha said and she walked off, not looking back, something was wrong, I'm sure she's gotten over me by now... right, so it must be something from her past....if only I could help her. We all left to get ready. Tony, Wanda,Vision, Natasha and I would go talk with him while the others stay here and prepare. Well, I guess the battle has really begun, there is no stopping it now, its time to assemble the new avengers. Hopefully we will last longer than last time. Only time will tell....time will tell everything.